The villa is made up of a main house and an annex. Extensive renovations overseen by one of Florence’s most hip architects have retained the original building’s solid wooden beamed ceilings. This historic detail has been accentuated by the addition of solid parquet floors, a beautiful conservatory extension with expansive windows and large windows and doors throughout. There is a seamless flow between the airy rooms, which are decorated with elegant modern furnishings and rustic chic touches.
Overlooking the putting green, the bright conservatory has two oversized sofas and a library. This opens onto a second sitting area where there is a fireplace and piano. Guests can enjoy evening meals, prepared in the professional kitchen and using ingredients from the villa’s vegetable garden and the estate’s olive oil, around the round table in the spacious dining room with a beautiful chandelier or on the outdoor dining terrace overlooking the pool. There’s also an office, a cinema room for cozy movie nights and a separate TV room for the kids.
Four of the villa’s 6 bedrooms are located in the main house. The large master bedroom is a true delight thanks to its king size bed, luxurious en suite bathroom with a stand-alone rain shower and private terrace boasting splendid views. A double and a twin room share a bathroom and in the tower there is a king bedroom with an en suite found above a lounge area with further two single beds that can bring the villa up to 14 beds.
The former barn has been converted into an annex with beautiful old stone walls. On the ground floor is a kitchen, dining and living room which have direct access onto a covered pergola with a breakfast table. Upstairs are two double bedrooms and two bathrooms which have lovely views over the garden and pool area.
The villa is ideally located for day trips to Florence, Siena, picturesque villages or for wine tastings at the famous vineyards of Chianti. Fully staffed with uniformed maids, the villa’s concierge also stops by every day to assist you with anything you might need to have the perfect holiday in Tuscany.
• Two buildings: the main house with 4 bedrooms (and an extra two beds) and the annex with 2 more bedrooms
• Private six-hole putting green located behind the villa
• Large terrace in front of the villa with a dining table covered by large umbrellas
• 14 x 7m saltwater swimming pool with stylish sun beds
• Vine-covered pergola next to annex with breakfast table
• First floor terrace off master bedroom
• Large steel and glass doors and expansive windows throughout
• Refined modern furnishings with rustic chic accents
• Bright conservatory living room
• Stylish sitting room with piano and fireplace
• Cinema room with state-of-the-art projector screen
• TV room for kids
• Turkish bath with direct access to the garden
• Master bedroom with private terrace
• Tower room with king-size bed and lounge area with two single beds
• Two additional bedrooms in main house, a double and a twin, which share a bathroom
• Annex with two double bedrooms
• State of the art home cinema
• Music sound system
• Putting green
• Turkish bath with direct access to the garden
• Badmington set
• American Fridge, Kitchen Aid, fridge with Icemaker
• Wine fridge, including welcome wine and a selection of wines. Pricelist in the kitchen
• 90 cm wide ILVE stove
Staff | Service included
• Bed linens and towels changed on Wednesday
• Concierge comes by every morning at 10am except Sundays to discuss plans. He can be contacted 24/7.
• Wi-fi and A/C
• Gardener / Pool takes care of the garden and pool
Staff | Service on request
• A butler can be arranged in advance for 6pm - 11pm (longer if needed). Damiano will light lanterns, candles etc as directed by the hosts, serve aperitifs and serve dinner
• Chef available on request. Price varies according to the number of people and menu
• Closest commercial and private airport Florence 40km – 30 minutes drive
• Greve in Chianti 25 km - 30 minutes drive
• San Gimignano 25km - 40 minutes drive
• Florence 40 km - 40 minutes drive
• Volterra 50km – 1 hour drive
• Siena 50 km - 40 minutes drive
• Pisa 50 km - 60 minutes drive
• Viareggio & Forte dei Marmi 130km – 1 hour and 30 minutes drive
Things to do
• San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town in the province of Siena, Tuscany, north-central Italy. It is mainly famous for its medieval architecture, especially its towers, which may be seen from several kilometers outside the town. The town also is known for the white wine, Vernaccia di San Gimignano, grown in the area
• Florence: The city lies on the Arno River and is known for its history and its importance in the Middle Ages and in the Renaissance, especially for its art and architecture. A center of medieval European trade and finance, the city is often considered the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance; in fact, it has been called the Athens of the Middle Ages. It was long under the de facto rule of the Medici family. From 1865 to 1870 the city was also the capital of the Kingdom of Italy. The historic center of Florence continues to attract millions of tourists each year and was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982.
• Volterra. This town has a fascinating Etruscan past and amazing views over the surrounding countryside. It’s one of the most charming small towns in Tuscany.The area around Volterra is characterized by the ‘balze‘, steep clay hills that create a unique and otherworldly panorama.
• Siena: The Sienese have no doubt, their town is the most beautiful in all of Tuscany, if not all of Italy. Siena has remained a Gothic city. Renaissance, one of the major influences in Florence, hardly affected the urban development of Siena. The city unfolds around the main shell-shaped square called "Il Campo." Twice a year the famous horse race known as the "Palio" takes place here. The narrow streets are lined with old shops and small cafes, while churches and museums are real treasures of the fourteenth century.
• The seashore: the sandy beaches along the coast of Versilia at turn of the century Viareggio and fashionable Forte dei Marmi with their trendy bars, designer shopping and some of the best seafood restaurants in Italy
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE