250 hectare estate with uninterrupted views across a valley towards the skyline of Siena.
The property is made up of:
• 1. The Limonaia with private pool
• 2. The castle - owners are not around when the Limonaia is let
• 3. A round Renaissance chapel
• 4. A little further afar, a barn that can hold events or weddings. No events are held when the Limonaia is occupied
• 5. A remarkable Italian garden and the surrounding park
The former Limonaia, so called because it was a conservatory where lemon trees in terracotta vases were kept in winter, has been restored and furnished with an exquisite sense of harmony, space and comfort.
The ground floor consists of a spacious sitting room with French windows, a dining room that sits twelve, a comfortable country kitchen flooded with sunshine where guests like to have breakfast, and a single bedroom with bathroom.
Glass doors lead from the living room and the kitchen onto a charming terraced garden with a pergola for outdoor meals, a large pool and spectacular views towards the skyline of Siena. Old fashioned musk roses, rosemary bushes, cyandrus, yellow broom and blue tinged sage fill the air of Limonaia’s landscaped grounds.
Comfortable furniture and muted colored walls blend harmoniously with the well-proportioned architectural features of the house. The house has first class equipment, up market cutlery, crockery and glassware, embroidered bath towels and luxurious bed linens.
The pool and the tennis court are for the exclusive use of guests.
When Limonaia is rented, the owners of Castello di Celsa will not be in residence, which means that you will have sole use of the magnificent grounds.
• Landscaped garden planted with old fashioned musk roses, rosemary bushes, cyandrus, yellow broom and blue tinged sage that fill the air with their fragrances
• Pergola grown with rambling roses, with dining table for outdoor meals
• Terraced pool area surrounded by irrigated lawns
• Fenced infinity swimming pool 14 x 7 meters, featuring comfortable pool furniture and with amazing views of Siena
• Artificial grass tennis court
• The Italian garden and the park, open to guests at all times
• The chapel. Below the tallest tower of the Castle is the sixteenth century chapel designed by one of the most renowned architects of his time - Baldassare Peruzzi - who also contributed to the renovation of the Castle.
• The barn, surrounded by lawns and woods, was added at the end of the nineteenth century. With its beautiful loggia that overlooks the countryside and its vast, recently decorated rooms with large wooden beams, the Barn offers a stunning setting where you can hold weddings, parties, events and conferences either in the large rooms or in the “loggia”, according to the season, holding up to 150 people.
• Formal dining room that can hold up to 12 people
• Sunny country kitchen, where guests tend to have breakfast. Ideal for cooking classes, which we are happy to arrange.
• All of the bedrooms have are conditioning and are painted in pastel colours and tastefully furnished with a blend of antique and comfortable, contemporary furniture
• Prime bedding
• WI-FI throughout including at the pool
• Air Conditioning in all the bedroomsm included in the rent
• Underfloor heating throughout, included in the rent
• Safes in the master bedrooms 1 and 2
• Satellite TV
• DVD player
• Laundry room with washing machine
• Baby Equipment: complimentary travel cot and high chair available on request
• Every day (except Sunday) the maid comes in from 9 am to 1 pm, prepares breakfast, then does the rooms and bathrooms
• Daily garden and pool maintainance
Staff | Service on request
• The housekeeper is a good cook, and can prepare one meal (lunch or dinner) per day.
• Should you wish to have a cook for lunch and dinner, this can be arranged. Please discuss it with us.
• The maid is available to do extra hours for your personal laundry.
• Airport transfer
• In house massages
• Tennis coach
• Horse riding in a nearby riding school
• Golf and SPA in the nearby Bagnaia Resort
• Guided tours of the Italian garden. The guide will take you through woods of the Rocco, allowing you to discover contemporary works of art that are hidden along the paths; through the English wood, which is located at the back of the castle and to the Italian Garden; among the scented lemons that decorate the garden during the summer months and the formal flower beds.
• Cooking classes. Learning to recognize and prepare typical dishes is one of the most pleasant ways of learning about and understanding more deeply the culture and the essence of a place. We can organize, with the help of a renowned Chef, cooking courses to suit everyone, from beginners to experts.
• Guided tours of Siena and surroundings
• Weddings or other receptions. The sixteenth century Chapel, work of renowned Architect Baldassarre Peruzzi is the perfect location to celebrate your wedding. For those who prefer a more natural setting you can have your wedding ceremony on the lawn in front of the Chapel. The ceremony can be followed by a reception in the garden in front of the Chapel, the courtyard of the Castle or in the Barn that can hold up to 180 guests.
• Closest private and commercial airport Florence 73 km – 1 hour
• Closest airport for private jets Siena Ampugnano 12 km – 25 minutes
• The walled town of Monteriggioni 18 kms - 25 minutes
• Siena 17 km - 30 minutes
• San Gimignano 30 km - 45 minutes
• Castellina in Chianti 30 km - 40 min
• Volterra 47 km - 1 hour
• Montalcino 50 km - 1 hr 10 min
• Florence 65 km - 1 hour and 15 minutes
• Arezzo 80 km - 1 hour and 30 minutes
• Lucca 140 km - 1 hr and 50 min
• Pisa 120 km - 1 hr and 50 min
• Porto Ercole 125 km - 1 hr 50 min
• Rome 250 km - 3 hours
Things to do
• Eremo di San Leonardo al Lago and its church famous for its fabulous frescoes 9 km – 15 minutes
• The medieval village of Torri and its famous cloister and the abbey of Santa Mustiola 14 km - 25 minutes
• The 12th century fortress of Castello di Belcaro 15 kms - 25 minutes
• The fortified monastery of Eremo di Lecceto 16 km – 25 minutes
• The sleepy hill-top village of Sovicille is a 20 minute drive from the estate. At the centre of the charming main square is a fountain and there are just three tables in front of the bar which doubles as the village food store, a perfect spot for the morning cappuccino before you venture out on sightseeing tours or more serious shopping at the weekly markets in the neighboring villages.
• San Gimignano is famous for its 14 towers (originally it had 72), erected as a symbol of wealth and power of the merchant families who lived there. The city became part of the sites protected by UNESCO in 1990
• The abbey and the monastery of San Galgano are at a 30 minute drive from the estate. This highly romantic location, the abbey has no roof and grass instead of a floor, is used for concerts in summer.
• Siena, this proud Medieval city has much to offer with its Duomo, churches and musuems sitting amongst its tight and winding lanes, which themselves ultimately converge on to the open space of the Piazza del Campo. The Campo is the stage for the Palio (which takes place twice a year on July 2nd and August 16th) which is well worth a visit and not simply for the race itself, but also the events and dinners held in each of the contradas in the build up to and immediately after the main event
• Florence: The city lies on the Arno River and is known for its history and its importance in the Middle Ages and in the Renaissance, especially for its art and architecture. A centre of medieval European trade and finance, the city is often considered the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance; in fact, it has been called the Athens of the Middle Ages. It was long under the de facto rule of the Medici family. From 1865 to 1870 the city was also the capital of the Kingdom of Italy. The historic centre of Florence continues to attract millions of tourists each year and was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982.
• "Fashionistas" will be able to indulge their passion, especially in the famous Prada factory store, located on the road to Florence
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE