Comprised of a main house and an annex, the villa recently underwent a complete refurbishment. The ceilings feature white washed wooden beams and the walls have been tastefully painted to match the color scheme of each room.
A large entrance hall welcomes you as you enter the villa. Next to this is the vast, bright living room which has plush sofas, a large Moroccan area rug and a working fireplace. It leads into the dining area with a beautiful wooden dining table and another colorful rug, Indian mirrors and a gentle color palette. The huge kitchen, with a grilling wood fire oven and large range, will be perfect for preparing fresh Tuscan meals.
On the first floor are four individually decorated en-suite bedrooms. The Master has a lovely canopy bed, a walk-in dressing room, an en-suite with tub and double basin and a separate sitting area with large sofa which can be used as a bed for a child. It has direct access to the terrace, as does the light green double bedroom, which also has a delightful canopy bed. On this floor are two twins, one in cheerful pinks and another in green tones.
The Annex is accessible via the entrance hall of the main villa. Its foyer has a small lounge area with a striped sofa then two double en-suite rooms, all on the ground floor. One bedroom is decorated in vibrant green and has windows that open onto flat lawn while the second is in light blue and greys and has picturesque views onto the vineyard. For guests traveling with staff, a further en-suite staff bedroom can be made available.
In front of the main villa, and facing the manicured lawns and the vineyard, is a beautiful vine-laden pergola with refined outdoor seating. To the side is a covered dining area with two tables that can be made as one. Next to the salt water pool is another covered pergola with an outdoor shower and sun beds for taking in the serene ambiance.
For tennis players, a private hard tennis court, shared with a nearby family owned property, is available for use and is only a short walk away. Guests can easily take a stroll to Capalbio to peruse the shops and enjoy a meal or drink in a local café. Hopping in your car, you can quickly reach the gorgeous beaches of the Maremma Coast, where you can sunbathe, do watersports, take boat trips and dine at the restaurants we will recommend.
The villa is part of an active wine estate. Behind the villa is the vineyard’s cantina, which guests can arrange to tour and do wine tastings. The vineyard’s office is next to the cantina and, while it has a completely separate entrance and driveway from the villa, guests may notice a staff member coming and going in the morning and evening. The villa remains entirely private and no outside visitors are taken whilst the villa is rented.
• Spectacular panorama of vineyards, a medieval village and as far as the sea
• Lovely garden with plenty of greenery, manicured lawns, cypruses and olive trees
• Covered sitting area and dining terrace
• Large swimming pool, 18m x 6.5m
• Covered pool area with sun beds and outdoor shower
• Shared tennis court
• Great beach club at a 20 min drive
• Tasteful modern art, large Moroccan rugs and Indian mirrors
• Spacious living room with a generous sitting area, a working fireplace and office area
• Separate dining room with beautiful wooden table and colorful Moroccan area rug
• Huge Tuscan kitchen with wood fire grill, modern appliances and breakfast table
• Master bedroom has a canopy bed, a separate sitting area and en-suite with a double basin and tub/shower
• The Master and the double have direct access to the upstairs terrace
• The two twins have comfortable en-suites and a nice decor in pinks or greens
• Annex building with a foyer/sitting area and two en-suite doubles
• Annex bedrooms have direct access onto a small terrace and the garden
• A/C throughout
• Safe deposit
• Mosquitos screens
• Wine cellar with price list
Staff | Service included
• Breakfast service: served between 9am - 11am (cost of groceries not included)
• Linen & towel change once a week (every 7 nights). Pool & beach towels also provided (changed every 7 nights)
• Pool cleaning
• Vineyard visits & wine tasting by arrangement
Staff | Service on request
• Extra housekeeper or babysitter 25€/hours, minimum 2 hours
• Cooking service, either lunch or dinner, 6 days per week: 650 € per week
• Grocery shopping
• Guests are not allowed to us the laundry room. Personal laundry 25€/hour
• Nearest private and commercial airport : Roma Fiumicino 120km - 1 hour and 20 min. Grosseto, 45mn away, has an airfield suitable for private jets.
• 2 chic beach clubs 20 km (20 minutes by car), beach of fine sand
• Tarot Garden 10 km – 15 min
• Porto Ercole and Orbetello 30 km – 30 min driving
• Magliano, Scansano and Pitigliano whithin 30 and 40 km – maximum 1 hour
• Siena 130 km – 1 hour and 30 min
• Florence 200 km – 2 hours and 30min
• Pise 220 km – 2 hours and 20 min
• Rome by train just over 1 hour.
• Other amenities: many restaurants, riding, tennis at less than 15 minutes, Saturnia Spa 45 minutes.
Things to do
• Spend a day on the beach in Capalbio, enjoy the sea and have a walk on the long stretch of pristine beach at sunset before a drink at l’Ultima Spiaggia and dinner at La Dogana
• Drive in the morning to one of the tips of La Feniglia beach, hire bicycles or walk along the pine-trees bush covered path alongside the beach; have a swim and relax on the beach
• A new and in the middle of an oasis is the Argentario 18 hole Golf Club (30 mn)
• Visit Port’Ercole (Monte Argentario) and Orbetello, enjoy the unpretentious villages with some simple shopping, an aperitif and excellent dinner overlooking the sea at sunset at Due Pini restaurant, on the way to Porto Santo Stefano. Water-sports and boat rentals can be arranged in Porto Ercole or Porto Santo Stefano. You can either rent a small boat/yacht with a captain and go on day trips along the coast and around the Argentario, exploring the many little bays which can be quite secluded, Giglio and Gianutri islands.
• Take a drive to the surrounding old villages of Scansano, Magliano, Talamone, Pitigliano, Sovana, Sorana, the Thermal Baths of Saturnia and enjoy the south-most Tuscan landscapes and ancient medieval villages, or visit the ancient Etrurian site of Vulci
• Visit the Giardino dei Tarocchi, (Tarot Garden) a fantasy like open art installation from the eccentric late artist Nicki de Saint Phalle, on the road from our home to the sea.
• Charter a boat for the day in Monte Argentario and cruise along the coast of Monte Argentario or cross to the Islands of Giannutri and Giglio
• Day trips to Rome are ideally done by train to avoid traffic and driving, and there are direct trains from Capalbio to Roma Centrale.
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE