Limonaia La Lastra – Florence
Spread over three levels, the villa’s impeccable restoration has retained historic features like original terracotta floors and exposed beam ceilings. These are accentuated by refined modern furnishings that also add warmth to the crisp white walls. The bright ground floor has a lovely double living area with a more formal area and a relaxed sitting room with a fireplace and playing table. Next to this is a stylish dining room in tones of blue cobalt and with a table seating 10. These rooms all have glass doors which open onto the garden and fabulous views over the pool. There is also a good-sized, well-equipped kitchen with a breakfast table and pantry.
An arching staircase takes guests up to the second floor, home to a library and four of the villas splendid air-conditioned bedrooms. With three large windows, the spacious master bedroom has stunning views and wonderful natural lighting. It is fitted out with a 200x200 double bed and a classy yellow and green bathroom with shower, double washbasin and WC. Another large double room has its own sitting area, staircase leading to an open dressing room and a luxurious bathroom with a checkered marble floor, shower, double wash-basin and WC. There is another double and a twin that can be converted into a double on this floor. On the third floor is a cosy twin with a dressing room and en suite bathroom.
Outdoors, guests will enjoy the charming covered patio with its breathtaking views towards Florence and Fiesole. It has a dining table, direct access to the kitchen and a pizza oven for delicious evening meals. Steps lead down to the large heated pool that is bordered by sun chairs and umbrellas, the perfect place to spend your days soaking up the sun and the spectacular views.
Your days of relaxing at the villa can be complemented by a quick jaunt into Florence to explore its cultural treasures or on day trips to discover the many other wonders of this exquisite region of Italy.
• Unobstructed views of the skyline of Florence, Fiesole and rolling hills
• Attractive covered patio with pizza oven, a dining table, direct access to the kitchen and fantastic vistas
• Beautifully maintained garden with flowers, local shrubbery, climbing vines and Cyprus trees
• Heated pool with views over the town and the surrounding rolling hills
• Lovely outdoor sitting areas to take in the panorama
• A villa filled with light thanks to large windows and lots of French doors leading into the garden
• 4 master bedrooms and a twin
• A/C in all bedrooms
• A refined dining room seating 10 - 12
• Spacious double living area with two sitting areas, fireplace and card table
• Good-sized kitchen with breakfast table and door onto the terrace
• A/C in the bedrooms
• Wi-Fi throughout the villa and the garden
• Cable TV with foreign channels
• High quality mp3 loudspeakers
• Alarm system
• Washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board
• Window screens on all bedroom windows
• Each bathroom has a hair dryer and a courtesy set by Ortigia including shampoo, conditioner, bath gel and body lotion
• Nati and José are in charge of preparing breakfast, house cleaning (4 hours per day, 6 days per week), garden and pool maintenance. The house cleaning includes daily room and bathroom cleaning and bed making as well as cleaning away breakfast.
• Daily continental breakfast including coffee, tea, milk and fresh orange juice, choice of yogurts, fruit, pastries, fresh bread with butter and jam
• Weekly linens and towel change and midweek pool towel's change
• A/C in the bedrooms
Staff | Service on request
• Nati the housekeeper can prepare the occasional simple meal on request
• We have a lovely chef whom we can book should you wish to have daily cook services
• Pool heating
• Closest commercial and private (private jets) airport Florence 10km – 20 minutes drive
• Closest train station in Florence - 8 km - 20 minute drive
• Public transport at 500 m from the villa
• Florence city center 7km - 15 minutes drive
• The famous Chianti area at your doorstep, with gentle hills covered in vineyards and olive groves, small hilltop villages, characteristic parishes and countryside homes in stone 25 km - 40 minutes drive
• San Gimignano 70km – 1 hour and 15 minutes drive
• Siena 80km - 1 hour and 20 minutes drive
• Pisa 90km - 1 hour and 20 minutes drive
• Forte dei Marmi 110km - 1 hour and a half drive
• Rome 1 hour and 20 minutes by train
• Venice 2 hours by train
Things to do
• A good starting point is the Piazza della Signoria, it's the heart of Florence's historic centre and an open-air art exhibit. The Loggia della Signoria, which sits on the square, contains a collection of some of the most valuable artworks in the world.
• Head down Via Borgo San Lorenzo and you will find il Duomo, probably Florence's most popular tourist attraction. The given name is Cattedrale de Santa Maria del Fiore. Brunelleschi designed the Dome (il Duomo), which highlights the stunning Chiesa Santa Maria del Fiori, and many climb the 463 steps to the bell tower to enjoy the panoramic view over Florence. The cathedral is also a treasure trove of art with contributions from Michelangelo, Donatello and Brunelleschi.
• The Baptistery of St John the Baptist lies in front of the Duomo. It was built on the foundations of an ancient Roman temple and the golden doors which face the cathedral are replicas of an original set by Lorenzo Ghiberti (extensively copied - including the entrance doors to St Peters in Rome) and termed by Michelangelo as the “doors to paradise”.
• The Uffizi gallery is one of the oldest and most important Renaissance art galleries in the world and is only outdone by the Vatican museums. Its impressive collection of artworks from the Renaissance period includes Botticelli's Birth of Venus, and art by Giotto, Lippi, Botticelli, Da Vinci, Raphael and Michelangelo. Most of the work was commissioned by the Medici family.
• The Galleria Dell' Accademia, contains one of Florence's most renowned symbols, Michelangelo's original statue of David, and an impressive collection of artwork from the 13th-16th centuries including a collection of musical instruments, from the Medici family.
• Ponte Vecchio, lucky to have survived WWII, it's one of only 3 bridges in the world that houses shops.
• For the best views over the city of Florence take a walk from Porta Romana to Piazzale Michelangelo and then onto San Miniato, one of Tuscany's most beautiful Romanesque churches and the oldest standing in Florence.
• The Chianti area: Famous for its wines - the Chianti Classico - this area of Tuscany has more than just world-class oenological pleasures to offer. The curious visitor will come accross many delightful villages, each of them with a history of its own. Let us simply mention lesser known gems such as the romanesque church of Sant'Appiano, the Basilica of Impruneta, the fortified castle of Monteriggioni and the roofless romanesque abbey of San Galgano which are all close. And don’t miss the Saturday market in the small town of Greve.
• San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town in the province of Siena, Tuscany, north-central Italy. It is mainly famous for its medieval architecture, especially its towers, which may be seen from several kilometers outside the town. The town also is known for the white wine, Vernaccia di San Gimignano, grown in the area.
• Siena: The Sienese have no doubt, their town is the most beautiful in all of Tuscany, if not all of Italy. Siena has remained a Gothic city. Renaissance, one of the major influences in Florence, hardly affected the urban development of Siena. The city unfolds around the main shell-shaped square called "Il Campo." Twice a year the famous horse race known as the "Palio" takes place here. The narrow streets are lined with old shops and small cafes, while churches and museums are real treasures of the fourteenth century.
• The seashore: the sandy beaches along the coast of Versilia at turn of the century Viareggio and fashionable Forte dei Marmi with their trendy bars, designer shopping and some of the best seafood restaurants in Italy
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE