Venice & surroundings
Lipparini at Ca’nova – Venezia
The private palace’s history extends as far back as the 12th century when the Barozzi family built the Ca’Barozzi, a crenellated building with a porch, an open gallery and two large square towers. In the 17th century this medieval structure was transformed into a Renaissance palazzo by architect Bartolomeo Manopola. In the early 19th century it was bought and modernized by the Treves family, the barons of Bonfili. Two centuries later, the palazzo is experiencing a modern-day renaissance through the refurbishment of four individual apartments, personally overseen by excellence.villas and Trust & Travel’s founder Allès Trauttmandorff.
The one-bedroom Lipparini is the newest in this exclusive collection. Entirely restored and redecorated in spring 2019, the apartment is found on the palazzo’s first floor, the so-called Piano Nobile which traditionally has the most elegant rooms. This prestige is immediately apparent as you enter the apartment’s attractive foyer, with large mirrors, antiques and vintage architectural prints.
The grandeur flows into the spacious living room, made even larger thanks to its soaring ceilings and tall windows overlooking the sunny, tranquil square bordered by other refined historic buildings. Classic style and contemporary design are wonderfully blended through gorgeous parquet flooring, historic paintings, stylish modern lighting, a plush sofa and armchairs and a beautiful divan that can be used as a third bed, for a child.
The same size as the living room, the focal point of the bedroom is its super-king size bed crowned with an enchanting Venetian style canopy, adding to the romantic ambiance of the apartment. The large room also has a sitting area, a unique walk-in closet and an en-suite bathroom with a shower. There is a second guest WC in the entry.
The apartment has a generous kitchen equipped with top modern appliances and a breakfast table where you can enjoy a fresh croissant, delivered to you daily. All guests of the palazzo have access to a lovely shared terrace overlooking the rooftops of the city, the perfect place to relax over a spritz or bellini at the end of your day of sightseeing.
Many of the city’s top sites are within walking distance of the palazzo and guests can also arrive by water taxi right to the palazzo’s private dock on the Grand Canal. Within the vicinity are excellent shops and restaurants, including the world famous Harry’s Bar, declared a national landmark in 2001 by the Italian Ministry for Cultural Affairs. The palazzo's private secretary is available to give you recommendations and assistance, as well as open doors for you if need be.
Lipparini can be linked through an internal staircase to the Hayez apartment which lies one floor above.
• Apartment located in a historical palazzo, lived in by the same family for the last 200 years
• Apartment faces a very quiet and sunny square
• Spacious terrace shared by all guests of Ca'nova
• 5 minute walk from the La Fenice opera house and 10 minutes to the Accademia and Rialto
• Exclusive access to the pool at the 5-star Cipriani hotel and the Excelsior beach club on the Lido
• A mix of antiques, vintage prints, classic furnishings and modern lighting and chairs
• The master bedroom has a super king-size canopy bed, custom designed for this apartment, unique walk-in closet and second closet
• Ensuite bathroom with large shower, additional guest WC near entry
• Spacious kitchen fully equipped with top appliances, coffee/tea making and breakfast table
• Fresh croissants brought to your door every morning
• Elevator, air con, wifi and safe
• Great staff and specialist guides available on request
• Air-con and central heating throughout the apartment included in the rent.
• Bose Soundtouch 10 cordless Bluetooth loudspeaker
• Large flatscreen satellite TV with DVD
• Rooms and bathrooms have complete sets of towels, hairdryers, bath set with soap, shampoo, shower gel and body lotion.
• High quality Italian linen sheets
• Mattress' by Simmons (the same as used by the Four Seasons hotels)
• Two pillows per person— one feather and one non-allergenic
• Cots and high chairs can be provided
• Maid service: The maid comes in every morning to do your rooms between 10am and 12 noon.
• Welcome hamper: in your apartment you will find 1 bottle of our favorite Bellini (prosecco + peach juice), 4 bottles of water (2 still and 2 fizzy), fresh fruit, black tea, a Nespresso machine and coffee capsules, milk, sugar, butter and jam.
• Morning croissants: every morning around 8 am fresh croissants will be delivered to your door.
Staff | Service on request
• Agreement with the Excelsior Beach Club to allow Ca'nova's guests access to this exclusive seaside resort
• Grocery shopping service
• Fresh flower service
• Personal laundry
• Baby-sitting service
• Cooking courses
• Knowledgeable and fun guides
• Teatro La Fenice - 240m, 3 minute walk
• Harry's Bar - 350m, 4 minute walk
• Gritti Palace Hotel 350m, 5 minute walk
• Piazza San Marco with Basilica di San Marco, Palazzo Ducale and Ponte dei Sospiri 400m, 5 minute walk
• Palazzo Fortuny Museum 600 m, 7 minute walk
• Santa Maria della Salute 600m, 10 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Punta della Dogana Museum of Modern Art - Pinault Fondation 750 mt, 10 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Palazzo Grassi Museum of Modern Art, Pinault Foundation - 850m, 10 minute walk
• Galleria dell'Accademia - 800m, 11 minute walk
• The Peggy Guggenhaim Collection - 850m, 11 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Rialto bridge - 950m, 12 minute walk
• Ca' Rezzonico - 1km, 6 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Basilica Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari - 1,1km, 15 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Rialto market - 1,2km, 16 minute walk
• Hotel Cipriani 1,4km, 15 minute via the Hotel courtesy boat to be caught at Saint Mark's
• Palazzo Mocenigo Ancient Fabrics and Clothes Museum 1,6km, 20 minute walk
• La Biennale gardens - 2,2km, 30 minutes walk
• Jewish Ghetto - 2,3km, 30 minutes walk
• The Excelsior Beach Club, a most exclusive beach resort. This resort, located on the Lido, can be reached in 15 minutes via water taxi or 20 minutes by vaporetto
• Murano island famous center for glass making- 45 minutes by vaporetto
• Torcello island with VII century Cathedral Santa Maria Assunta and its mosaics, as well as the delightful Locanda Cipriani, 1 hour and 20 minute by vaporetto
Things to do
• The acclaimed art and architecture Biennale. These take place each year alternatively from May to November.
• The international Film Festival at the Lido di Venezia in September
• The Regata Storica in September
• The Vogalonga paddling races in May
• The sparkling Festa del Redentore in July
• The world-famous Carnival of Venice in February
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE