Villa San Giovanni
Located two kilometers from the center of stylish Bellagio and 650 meters from the Imbarcadero di San Giovanni where there are food shops and restaurants, villa San Giovanni sits regally overlooking Lake Como within four hectares of verdant botanical gardens.
With tall ceilings and large windows facing the lake, the luminous ground floor is home to a vast double living room with various sitting areas surrounded by antiques, paintings and sculptures, with the most precious collectibles carefully displayed in locked showcases. A highlight of the room is the Bechstein piano signed by Leonard Bernstein. On this floor you will also find a games’ room, a TV room with an Apple TV with Sky and Netflix as well as a guest kitchen to make tea, coffee and snacks.
Your meals will be prepared in the separate professional kitchen by the villa’s wonderful chef who has been working for the family for 25 years. On the menu are traditional Italian style dishes, for more gastronomic cuisine a Michelin-starred private chef can be arranged at an additional fee. Either way, you can enjoy these in the beautiful formal dining room that seats up to 22 or on the terrace with the backdrop of the lake.
The villa’s four Master suites are located on the first floor, the piano nobile, which has tall ceilings to cast in plenty of natural light and offer up sweeping views. Among the Masters, one is a double, two can be twins or doubles, one is a twin and all have recently fitted bathrooms with exquisite soaking tubs and large showers. The Blue Master has a sitting room, a study and a veranda with an exercise machine facing the lake whereas the Green Master has a private terrace also overlooking the sparkling waters of the lake. This floor is home to the villa’s large library which has thousands of vintage books and a private museum.
On the second floor there are six additional bedrooms, four of which are en-suites and a mix of twins and doubles with one children’s room with four twin beds. Lastly, for a soaring panorama over the lake and the surrounding hills, be sure to climb up to the belvedere in the tower.
Additional gorgeous vistas can be savored from the villa’s lovely outdoor spaces, from the covered arched pergola sitting area to the sunbeds flanking the long thermal, heated and salt filtered pool. The grounds also feature a unique botanical garden replete with rare, centenary trees, and a tennis court.
Fully staffed, daily maid service and daily towel change are included. Guests are required to hire the villa’s dedicated Concierge (extra charge applies), who will ensure that you can make the most of your stay at villa San Giovanni and on Lake Como.
• Private Beach access on Lake Como
• Swimming pool (15x3.3) with thermal water, salt filtered and heated (extra), a pool slide cover and sunbeds
• Arched pergola with outdoor furniture
• Alfresco dining terrace facing the lake
• Three solariums: one in front of the villa, one at the pool and one above the darsena (dock)
• Private tennis court
• Walking distance 650 mt from the Imbarcadero San Giovanni where there are food shops and restaurants
• 2 kms from Bellagio city centre
• Rooms furnished with original antiques, paintings, statues and Murano chandeliers
• In many rooms there are locked showcases with antique and rare collectibles
• Elegant double living room with various sitting areas
• Music room with Bechstein piano signed by Leonard Bernstein
• Formal dining room with seating for 14+8
• Games room with two card tables and traditional games
• TV room with Apple TV with Sky and Netflix
• Large library with thousands of books and a private museum
• Well equipped guest kitchen and a separate staff professional kitchen
• 10 bedrooms, seven with en-suites and two with a bathroom next door
• Apple TV with Sky and Netflix
• Wi-Fi throughout and AC throughout
• Guest kitchen and professional kitchen for staff
• Ice maker
• Acqua di Parma Beauty set a with shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and bath salts
Staff | Service included
• Daily cleaning and change of bath and pool towels, and twice weekly change of bed linen
• Italian cook that has been with the family for 25 years, traditional Italian style dishes
• Flowers and vegetables from the garden (when available)
Staff | Service on request
• Extra staff hours (30€/hour)
• Professional Michelin-starred Chef on request
• Concierge, this service is mandatory but not included in the price of the Villa
• Taxi boat or boat rent
• Wine tasting in the villa's own wine cellar or in area
• Closest private airport Venegono - Varese 60 km/1 hour and 30 min drive
• Closest commercial and private airport Lugano 60 km/1 hour and 30 min drive
• Malpensa 80 km / 1 hour and 30 min drive
• Como 30 km / 50 minutes drive
• Varenna 7 km / 40 minutes by ferry
• Menaggio 30 kilometers / 40 minutes by ferry
• Milan 80 km/1 hour and 30 min drive
Things to do
• Steamers, boats and buses serve all the main towns on Lake Como. A ferry around the heart of Lake Como (between the key towns of Bellagio, Varenna, Menaggio and Cadenabbia is a must. The most popular of the stops remains Bellagio.
• Bellagio - known as the pearl of the lake is a beautiful little town in a picture-perfect location on the promontory where Lake Como separates into two branches. The town is historic and charming, with a waterfront promenades, stately hotels and two gardens open to the public: Villa Serbelloni and Villa Melzi. Bellagio's tourist information offices are by the ferry jetty and in Piazza della Chiesa.
• Menaggio is located on the western shore of Lake Como, and has small stretches of shingle beach. From Menaggio you can travel to Lake Lugano or embark on mountain hikes. The town is a useful base for exploring Lake Como; with good bus and ferry connections.
• The fishing village of Varenna has picturesque narrow alleyways and streets below a castle and a lakeside walking path. Varenna is a peaceful resort, smaller than Bellagio and also very beautiful. You can admire views from the Castello de Vezio or simply relax by the lakeside.
• The walled town of Como is a lively and pleasant town with an appealing historical centre and a scenic location at the southern end of the east branch of Lake Como. The impressive cathedral (Duomo), like most in Italy, was built and added to over a period of centuries, so you can admire Gothic and Renaissance features including some fine tapestries and paintings. The town's earlier cathedral (built in the tenth century), San Fedele, is another fine sight, as are the tall nine-hundred-year-old gateway, Porta Vittoria, and the Romanesque church Sant'Abbondio. The town's art gallery (Pinacoteca) is also worth a visit. For a short trip out of town, take the funicular up to the top of the hill above Como, where you can enjoy spectacular views.
• Around Como there are many small shops and boutiques, and in the larger towns you will find a great range of boutiques, designer stores and department stores. Wherever you are you are never far from great shopping.
• Then of course there is Milan. Milan is a short train-ride away for those in search of some city life.
• Como is only a few minutes' drive from the Swiss border and from Lake Lugano. Cross the border into Switzerland and visit FoxTown Factory Stores,a temple of luxury and elegance with 3 km of shop windows, where 160 stores.
• Lake Como boasts some of the very finest Italian cuisine, and is home to a number of world-class restaurants. Check out the back streets and old lakeside towns to find some of the less well known but excellent restaurants. A list of recommended retaurants is available in the property.
• Lake Como boat hire is possibly the finest way to experience the Lake in its full splendour.
• Outdoor Activities - Biking, mountain biking, hiking, boating, paragliding and windsurfing.
• There are numerous hikes and walking trails in and around Lake Como. Around the lake, through the woodlands and up through the hills and mountains offer an enormous variety of hiking possibilities, from easy walks for families to the more difficult for skilled hikers.
• For water sports lovers it is possible to spend entire days sailing or kayaking, windsurfing and motor boating, water skiing and canoeing, wakeboarding and kitesurfing. In Como there is even a hydroplane piloting school.
• Lake Como can also be dicovered by bicycle. Scenic roads, and alternative routes to those followed by the main traffic and some real cycle paths offer the visitor an alternative way of visiting various parts of the lake.
• Lake Como has also several golf courses which can be easily reached by car.
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE