Villa San Giuliano
The enchantment begins as soon as you drive down the estate’s long driveway and through its gorgeous grounds. Stepping inside the main villa you’ll be surrounded by graceful furnishings, antiques, family paintings and historic attributes including vaulted ceilings and Sicilian tiled floors. You can gather with your guests in the double drawing room with a large open fireplace and sample your private chef’s divine Sicilian specialties in the beautiful dining room with an enchanted tableaux of tiles and numerous gilded mirrors.
Five of the villa’s spacious bedrooms are found on the upper floor, all wonderfully appointed with stylish furniture and modern comforts. The recently refurbished bathrooms have glorious bath tubs and separate walk in showers. The three additional bedrooms are situated across the central courtyard and have lovely en-suite bathrooms. There are also 4 charming twin bedrooms and 2 bathrooms called le Camerette which are ideal for children and nannies.
The sunshine will certainly beckon you outside and the spectacular gardens offer plenty of opportunities for enjoying Sicily’s incredible weather. Awarded a prize by the foundation Grandi Giardini Italiani in 2013, the estate’s Andalusian-Arabesque garden features manicured lawns, vibrant flowers, palm trees, citrus trees, serene pools of water and gurgling fountains. The relaxing pool area is shaded by swaying palms and you can take in a few rounds of tennis on the gardens fenced court to the backdrop of Mount Etna.
San Giuliano prides itself on its highly professional and friendly staff. They are here to take care of your every need and desire at the villa. You can also explore some of the island’s culture treasures, like Siracusa, Ragusa, Noto as well as the fabulous beaches of the southern Sicily -- all within easy reach of the villa.
• The villa lies within an award winning botanical garden which has evolved under the masterful leadership of British landscape designer Rachel Lamb
• More than 500 species of plants
• Swimming pool 18mt x 9mt with outdoor shower and changing room
• Tennis court
• Outdoor dining area
• Vegetable garden
• Within the estate a laboratory produces hand-made biscuits and marmalade, following old family recipes. The estate also produces wine and olive oil.
• Please note that the park is part of the circuit Grandi Giardini Italiani so it’s subject to occasional visits where visitors are taken on strictly guided tours
• Private chapel
• The dining room is a fabulous venue for lengthy sumptuous dinners of Sicilian cuisine provided by enchanting cooks from the large and well equipped kitchen.
• The bedrooms are all spacious and beautifully appointed and all the bathrooms have recently been restored to the very highest of standards with superb baths and separate walk in showers providing every comfort one could wish for.
• A further three double bedrooms,again with en suite bathrooms, can be found across the central courtyard.
• There are also 4 charming twin bedrooms and 2 bathrooms called le Camerette which are ideal for children and nannies.
• Wi-Fi throughout
• Welcome set of Ortigia toiletries and hairdryer in each bathroom
• Tennis court
• Hifi stereo, DVD, high def TV
• BBQ and wood oven for Pizza
• Washing machine & tumble dryer
• Daily maid service
• Cook and butler service preparing and serving breakfast, lunch & dinner (food & drinks bills paid locally)
• Grocery shopping (cost of food not included)
• Daily cleaning of swimming pool and garden
• Air-conditioning and heating
• Bed linen and towels changed once a week. Swimming pool towels changed twice a week
Staff | Service on request
• Personal laundry
• Expert on-site concierge
• Nearest commercial and private airport Catania 40 km-40 min
• The closest beach is in Brucoli 10 km, the nicest beaches Calamosche, Marzameni and Vendicari Natural Reserve 70km
• Siracusa 35km-30 minutes
• Catania 42km-40 minutes
• Noto 60km-45 minutes
• Acireale 60km-50 minutes
• Ispica 80km-1 hour
• Taormina 100km-1 hour and 30 minutes
• Modica 94km-1 hour and 15 minutes
• Ragusa 87km-1 hour and 15 minutes
• Mt. Etna 80km-1 hour and 20 min
• Piazza Armerina (Villa Romana del Casale) 125km-1 hour and 30 minutes
Things to do
• Between May and June, don’t miss the yearly appointment with the classical performances in the Greek Theatre of Siracusa.
• Also of increasing popularity, along with the better known Taormina Film Festival in June, is the International Frontier Film Festival (July) in Marzamemi, an ancient fishing village that has now become one of the newest not-to-be-missed spots in the area, with the largest and southernmost open-air hall in Europe, positioned within the tonnara, a tuna-net maze dating to the period of the Arab domination of Sicily and still perfectly preserved.
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE