The villa was fully refurbished to a very high decorative standard in 2008 and is a marvel of modern technology with computer controlled air cooling system, heating and lighting and many other conveniences.
The house develops over three floors, each bedroom has its own bathroom. You will love the huge teak-floored terrace with a pine tree growing through it to the rear of the villa, equipped with comfortable chairs, sofas, loungers and an outside dining table.
A lovely pool surrounded by a wooden deck lies in the dunes half way between the villa and the beach, with century old umbrella pines casting their shade.
The beach is reached through a pine grove belonging to the estate. In the dunes behind the beach stands a cabana for pic-nics, with table and sun beds, and a shower. The housekeeper can prepare the pic-nic hampers while the caretaker will carry them to the beach.
• Private access to a sandy beach
• Private beach cabana furnished with sun beds, parasols, sweet water shower and fridge
• Spectacular swimming pool located in the dunes, half way between the villa and the beach (14mx7m depth 1.40)
• Teak terrace equipped with comfortable chairs, sofas, loungers and a dining table and naturally shaded by a large umbrella pine tree
• Landscaped gardens with irrigated lawns and large pine trees
• Electronic gate with surveillance cameras
• Three large French windows lead directly onto the teak-floored deck
• Bright and fully equipped kitchen
• 6 double bedrooms, individually decorated, thanks to refined details such as soft-hued pastel walls, antique bed frames, canopies and exquisite fabrics
• 5 of the bedrooms have a private terrace
• Laundry room
• Children’s playroom equipped with Sat TV and DVD player
• The house and pool area have Wi-Fi high speed internet access free of charge.
• Guests have private access to the swimming pool (14x7m). The pool is equipped with sunbeds, a shower and a WC.
• House laundry
• Satellite TV and DVD
• Baby Equipment available on request
• Fire place
• Private parking
• Guests of Villa Tombolino may take a private path leading to the beach. In the dunes behind the beach, you will find a shower, as well as a cabin equipped with table, sunbeds, parasols, fridge and key to unlock the gate to the beach.
• Bedlinen, a set of 3 towels per person, beach towels, kitchen towels
Staff | Service included
• Maid service provided in the bedrooms and bathrooms in the main house for 3 hours per day, 6 times per week (Monday to Saturday)
• If the house has been rented for more than 1 week, the bed linen and bath towels will be changed on Saturdays.
Staff | Service on request
• Grocery shopping
• Lunch and/or dinner twice a week prepared by Giulietta.This service is not available on Sundays.
• A/C 70€+VAT per day
• Electric Vehicle Charging Station
• Extra household help available
• Extra set of towels and bedlinens
• Pets accepted upon request
• 2 sun beds and a parasol can be booked at the beach club in front of the villa
• Boat rental
• Wine tastings in a local estate. Closed in August.
• Sailing and water sports
• Nearest private and commercial airport Pisa 70 km - 45 min drive
• Bolgheri 10 km - 15 min drive
• Pisa 65 km - 1 hr drive
• Massa Marittima 65 km - 1 hr drive
• Lucca 90 km - 1 hr drive
• Volterra 60 km - 1 hr 10 min drive
• Piombino 45 km, where you can catch a ferry to Elba 40 minutes
• Florence 120 km - 1 hr 30 min drive
• San Gimignano 80 km - 1 hr 30 min drive
• Siena 162 km - 2 hr drive
• Rome 280 km - 3 hours drive
Things to do
• It is here that Bolgheri DOC wines are produced – world-class wines such as Sassicaia, Guado al Tasso and Ornellaia as well as numerous others of the highest quality. Bolgheri has become one of the most interesting and gifted areas in the whole universe of wine thanks to some illuminated personages, among such as Mario Incisa della Rocchetta, the oenologist Giacomo Tachis and the Marchesi Piero and Lodovico Antinori.
• Massa Marittima. Here, in one of Etruria's oldest and most prosperous communities, the same minerals that were extracted 2,500 years ago are still being mined: 70km, 50 min drive.
• An excellent Spa – The Tombolo Talasso Resort belonging to the Antinori family – lies in the next village:13 km, 20min drive.
• Castagneto Carducci: An enchanting medieval village built around the Gherardesca Castle: 16 km, 20 min drive.
• The Parks of the Val di Cornia: The parks stretch along the coastal strip opposite the Island of Elba. The various archaeological and natural sites of the Parks make this area an interesting alternative to the traditional tourist destinations: a place where nature and archaeology converge to let you discover the charm of the "Toscana Minore": 25km, 25 min drive.
• Everyone knows the Leaning Tower of Pisa, but the city of Pisa is not just the Tower: 65 km - 1 hr drive.
• Four golf courses nearby including Tombolo Talasso and the 18 hole Punta Ala golf club: 70 km - 50 min drive.
• Bicycle hire in next village.
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE