Venice & surroundings
Borsato at Ca’nova – Venezia
Ca’nova… This name, in the dialectal Italian of Venice, is a contraction of Casa Nova, new house. And indeed, the Ca’nova historical Palazzo has been entirely renovated and given a new lease on life.
The apartment Borsato lies on the third floor (4th American floor) of the Palazzo. It is reached by a newly added elevator. The location is exceptional: at the mouth of Venice’s Grand Canal, opposite the Santa Maria della Salute basilica and the Punta della Dogana museum – where the Pinault contemporary art collection can be seen, – and within a stone’s throw of the glorious Piazza San Marco.
The apartment has been redecorated in a pure, classic style with a contemporary twist. Surrounded by comfort and beauty, you will feel spoilt and privileged too. Daily maid service in the mornings. Access to a convivial terrace shared by all guests of the Palazzo. A private secretary. Restaurants and shops in the vicinity – among which the well-known Harry’s Bar, declared a national landmark in 2001 by the Italian Ministry for Cultural Affairs.
The palazzo's private secretary will readily give you pointers and assistance, as well as open doors for you if need be.
The origins of the Ca’nova Palazzo date back to the 12th century, when the Barozzi family built the Ca’Barozzi, a crenellated building which had a porch, an open gallery and two large square towers. In the 17th century, the medieval structure was remodelled into a Renaissance palazzo by architect Bartolomeo Manopola.
In the early 19th century, the Treves family, barons of Bonfili, acquired the residence and asked Giuseppe Borsato – an Italian painter who, among other things, decorated the Teatro La Fenice – to revamp and enhance their new property.
The Treves family vividly exemplifies the emancipation of the local Jewish community and its full integration into the Italian society of the 19th century.
We were extremely happy and flattered when the owners of this outstanding residence chose at Trust&Travel to take care of the redecorating and promotion of its exceptional apartments.
• Apartment located in a historical Palazzo, lived in by the same family for the last 200 years
• Views onto Punta della Dogana and Santa Maria della Salute
• Spacious terrace used by all guests of Ca'nova
• 5 minute walk from the La Fenice theatre
• Exclusive access to the pool at the 5 star Cipriani hotel and the Excelsior beach club on the Lido
• Exceptional views over the Canale Grande
• The master bedroom has a 210x200 cm canopy bed, custom designed for this apartment
• Elevator, air con, wifi and safe
• The owners of the Palazzo will introduce you to their Venice
• Fresh croissants brought to your door every morning
• Great staff and specialist guides available on request
• Air-con throughout the apartment included in the rent. The house also has central heating.
• Bose Soundtouch 10 cordless Bluetooth loudspeaker
• Large flatscreen satellite TV with DVD
• Rooms and bathrooms have complete sets of towels, hairdryers, bath set with soap, shampoo, shower gel and body lotion.
• High quality Italian linen sheets
• Mattress' by Simmons (the same as used by the Four Seasons hotels)
• Two pillows per person— one feather and one non-allergenic
• Washing machine and dryer
• Cots and high chairs can be provided
• Maid service: The maid comes in every morning to do your rooms between 9 and 11 am.
• Welcome hamper: in your apartment you will find 1 bottle of our favorite bellini (prosecco + peach juice), 4 bottles of water (2 still and 2 fizzy), fresh fruit, black tea, a nespresso machine and coffee capsules, milk, sugar, butter and jam.
• Morning croissants: every morning around 8 am fresh croissants will be delivered to your door.
Staff | Service on request
• Agreement with the Excelsior Beach Club to allow Borsato's guests access to this exclusive seaside resort at preferred rates
• Grocery shopping service
• Fresh flower service
• Personal laundry
• Expert masseur who comes to the house
• In house esthetic treatments
• Baby-sitting service
• Cooking courses
• Teatro La Fenice - 240m, 3 minute walk
• Harry's Bar - 350m, 4 minute walk
• Gritti Palace Hotel 350m, 5 minute walk
• Piazza San Marco with Basilica di San Marco, Palazzo Ducale and Ponte dei Sospiri 400m, 5 minute walk
• Palazzo Fortuny Museum 600 m, 7 minute walk
• Santa Maria della Salute 600m, 9 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Punta della Dogana Museum of Modern Art - Pinault Fondation 750 mt, 10 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Palazzo Grassi Museum of Modern Art, Pinault Foundation - 850m, 10 minute walk
• Galleria dell'Accademia - 800m, 11 minute walk
• The Peggy Guggenhaim Collection - 850m, 11 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Rialto bridge - 950m, 12 minute walk
• Ca' Rezzonico - 1km, 6 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Basilica Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari - 1,1km, 15 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Rialto market - 1,2km, 16 minute walk
• Hotel Cipriani 1,4km, 15 minute via the Hotel courtesy boat to be catched at Saint Mark dock
• Palazzo Mocenigo Ancient Fabrics and Clothes Museum 1,6km, 20 minute walk
• La Biennale - 2,2km, 30 minutes walk
• Jewish Ghetto. Istituted in 1516 by the Government of the Serenissima Repubblica, the Ghetto of Venise is one of the oldest of the world - 2,3km, 30 minutes walk
• The Excelsior Beach Club, one of the most exclusive beach resort of the world. This resort, located on the Lido, can be easily reached in 15 minutes via water taxi or 20 minutes by vaporetto, 5,5km.
• Murano island famous center for glass making- 4 km, 45 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Torcello island with VII century's Cathedral Santa Maria Assunta and its mosaics and the Locanda Cipriani, 11km, 1 hour and 20 minute including vaporetto transfer
Things to do
• The acclaimed art and architecture Biennale
• The international Film Festival
• The Regata Storica
• The Vogalonga paddling races
• The sparkling Festa del Redentore
• The world-famous Carnival of Venice
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE