Venice & surroundings, Cities
Campo San Pietro – Venezia
The exterior of the building is pure Venetian style, and opens onto a delightful square. The interiors have been completely redone by one of Italy's top designers, whose style is definitely modern, even though she mainly uses traditional materials. The result is a contemporary, understated elegance.
The Palazzo develops over 4 floors, and has an elevator.
The ground floor kitchen opens onto the small square. It is a cook's dream. You can cook yourself, hire a great cook, have cooking lessons or a catering come in for more important occasions.
There are smaller kitchens on each level.
Taxis come directly to the private boat dock, on the canal. What a thrill.
• Private boat dock used by water taxis
• Shaded dining terrace for 20 overlooking canal and the rooftops of the adjacent Castello area
• Open-air 'altana' terrace on the roof for drinks and dining with panoramic view of Venice including the Campanile of San Marco.
• The adjacent boatyard, recently acquired by the owner, provides an ideal space for exhibitions, large parties and events.
• Walking distance from Venice's main landmarks and from the public gardens (Giardini Pubblici), where the national pavilions for the Biennale are located
• 7 bathrooms, each one with walk in shower
• Turkish bath in the Canal bedroom
• State of the art kitchen with Viking gas stove, Bulthaup counter with induction hobs, Gaggenhau appliances.
• Main dining area on the first floor featuring two tables seating 16 in all, open sidebar/bar and French doors leading to shaded dining terrace for 20 overlooking canal and the rooftops of the adjacent Castello homes. On the other side French doors open onto a balcony overlooking the tree-shaded campo (square).
• Sitting room with satellite TV and French windows providing exceptional views of the adjacent canal and the Codussi bell tower .
• Two fully equipped kitchens and a guest kitchen
• Gym with spa area with small hot tub and bathroom.
• The cavanna (ancient boat shelter) a 1000 sq feet vaulted room that can be used for dining in 50 people, conferences, meetings, dancing, music, cinema etc.
• In the attic, open loft space with living area with low couches
• Air conditioning and heating throughout
• Flat screen satellite TV with satellite and Sky
• DVD player
• Italian prime linens and pillows
• Bathrooms have complete sets of high quality extra thick towels, bathrobe, hairdryer, bath set with soap, shampoo, and shower gel.
Staff | Service included
• Standard upkeeping of the premises
• Weekly bed and bath linen changes for stays longer than one week.
Staff | Service on request
• Additional bed and bath linen changing
• Kitchen cleaning and washing up
• Personal laundry and ironing
• Grocery shopping
• Cooking service
• Guided tours
• Water taxis
• Drivers with boat
• Any additional concierge service
• Weddings, parties and events
Things to do
• The Palazzo lies next to the church of San Pietro in Castello, which for more than 500 years, until 1807, was the patriarchal church of Venice and seat of the religious authority in the adjacent Palazzo del Patriarca. It's located between the two major exhibition centers in Venice, Giardini della Biennale and Arsenale. Obviously its destination is not for hurried tourists but could be the ideal location for a travellers seeking an in depth visit of Venice and the laguna
• From San Pietro you can quickly move to the center or make tours in the laguna using the two mini cruisers moored in our private jetty, without suffering the big disadvantage of finding yourself stuck among thousand of tourists. Otherwise at a short reach you will be able to walk to three different stops of "vaporetti"(public water buses) that will bring you anywhere you wish. If you just want to walk, San Marco square is at 20 minutes walk.
In a few minutes by water taxi or using our small cruisers you can reach:
• Any island in the Venice laguna as Murano, Burano, Torcello, Mazzorbo, San Servolo with it's historical monuments, amenities and famous restaurants, the Lido with its renowned beaches and hotels, tennis courts, restaurants and the the Alberoni golf course, considered among the 10 best in Italy;
• The riviera del Brenta towards Padua with its 30 and more villas;
• The most important permanent Venetian art collections as Museo dell'Accademia (mainly XVI century paintings) or Ca' Rezzonico (mainly XVIII century paintings);
• Modern and contemporary art collections as Guggenheim, Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana.
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE