Living right in the throbbing, historic heart of the Serenissima, just minutes away from the Piazza San Marco, the Palazzo Ducale, the Punta della Dogana…
Ca’nova… This name, in the dialectal Italian of Venice, is a contraction of Casa Nova, new house. And indeed, the Ca’nova historical Palazzo has been entirely renovated and given a new lease on life.
The location is exceptional: at the mouth of Venice’s Grand Canal, opposite the Santa Maria della Salute basilica and the Punta della Dogana museum – where the Pinault contemporary art collection can be seen, – and within a stone’s throw of the glorious Piazza San Marco.
The apartment Canella lies on the third floor (4th American floor) of the Palazzo and looks onto a quiet square. It is reached by a newly added elevator. It has a private roof terrace.
The apartment has been redecorated in a pure, classic style with a contemporary twist. Surrounded by comfort and beauty, you will feel spoilt and privileged. Daily maid service in the mornings. Private rooftop terrace with exclusive view on the Canal and access to a convivial terrace shared by all guests of the Palazzo. A private secretary. Restaurants and shops in the vicinity – among which the well-known Harry’s Bar, declared a national landmark in 2001 by the Italian Ministry for Cultural Affairs.
The palazzo's private secretary will readily give you pointers and assistance, as well as open doors for you if need be.
The origins of the Ca’nova Palazzo date back to the 12th century, when the Barozzi family built the Ca’Barozzi, a crenellated building which had a porch, an open gallery and two large square towers. In the 17th century, the medieval structure was remodelled into a Renaissance palazzo by architect Bartolomeo Manopola.
In the early 19th century, the Treves family, barons of Bonfili, acquired the residence and asked Giuseppe Borsato – an Italian painter who, among other things, decorated the Teatro La Fenice – to revamp and enhance their new property. The Treves family vividly exemplifies the emancipation of the local Jewish community and its full integration into the Italian society of the 19th century.
We were extremely happy and flattered when the owners of this outstanding residence chose Trust&Travel to take care of the redecorating and promotion of its exceptional apartments.
• Prime location, on the Canale Grande and literally 5 minutes on foot from Saint Mark's square
• Apartment located in a historical Palazzo, lived in by the same family for the last 200 years
• Private rooftop terrace with views onto Punta della Dogana, San Giorgio Maggiore and the Giudecca
• Spacious terrace used by all guests of Ca'nova
• 5 minute walk from the La Fenice theatre
• Exclusive access to the pool at the 5 star Cipriani hotel and the Excelsior beach club on the Lido
• Apartment with 3 bedrooms and three bathrooms on the 3rd floor of the Palazzo, with views onto a quiet square
• Very comfortable apartment in a pure, classic style with a contemporary twist
• The master bedroom has an ensuite bathroom with tub
• The second bedroom is either a twin or a double
• Single bedroom
• Large room under the roof with shower room and access to the private terrace.
• Extra large beds with exceptional de luxe mattress'
• Elevator, air con, wifi and safe
• Fresh croissants brought to your door every morning
• Private secretary available to help you plan your stay
• Specialist guides available on request
• WI-FI throughout the apartment
• Air-con and central heating throughout the apartment included in the rent.
• Bose Soundtouch 10 cordless Bluetooth loudspeaker
• Large flatscreen satellite TV with DVD
• Rooms and bathrooms have complete sets of towels, hairdryers, bath set with soap, shampoo, shower gel and body lotion.
• High quality Italian linen sheets
• Mattress' by Simmons (the same as used by the Four Seasons hotels)
• Two pillows per person— one feather and one non-allergenic
• Cots and high chairs can be provided
• Exclusive insider access: the owner of Ca’nova, assisted by her private secretary, will introduce you to her Venice and open doors for you which you would either not know about, or not have access to as a normal visitor. The assistance you will receive is knowledgeable, passionate and resourceful.
• Maid service: The maid comes in every morning to do your rooms between 9 and 11 am.
• Welcome hamper: in your apartment you will find 1 bottle of our favorite bellini (prosecco + peach juice), 4 bottles of water (2 still and 2 fizzy), fresh fruit, black tea, a nespresso machine and coffee capsules, milk, sugar, butter and jam.
• Morning croissants: every morning around 8 am fresh croissants will be delivered to your door.
Staff | Service on request
• Agreement with the Cipriani Hotel to allow Ca'nova's guests to use the hotel pool at preferred rates
• Agreement with the Excelsior Beach Club to allow Ca'nova's guests access to this exclusive seaside resort at preferred rates
• Grocery shopping service
• Fresh flower service
• Personal laundry
• Expert masseur who comes to the house
• In house esthetic treatments
• Baby-sitting service
• Cooking courses
• Knowledgeable and fun guides
• Closest private and commercial airport Marco Polo 30 min by water taxi
• Teatro La Fenice - 240m, 3 minute walk
• Harry's Bar - 350m, 4 minute walk
• Gritti Palace Hotel 350m, 5 minute walk
• Piazza San Marco with Basilica di San Marco, Palazzo Ducale and Ponte dei Sospiri 400m, 5 minute walk
• Palazzo Fortuny Museum 600 m, 7 minute walk
• Santa Maria della Salute 600m, 10 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Punta della Dogana Museum of Modern Art - Pinault Fondation 750 mt, 10 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Palazzo Grassi Museum of Modern Art, Pinault Foundation - 850m, 10 minute walk
• Galleria dell'Accademia - 800m, 11 minute walk
• The Peggy Guggenhaim Collection - 850m, 11 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Rialto bridge - 950m, 12 minute walk
• Ca' Rezzonico - 1km, 6 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Basilica Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari - 1,1km, 15 minutes including vaporetto transfer
• Rialto market - 1,2km, 16 minute walk
• Hotel Cipriani 1,4km, 15 minute via the Hotel courtesy boat to be caught at Saint Mark's
• Palazzo Mocenigo Ancient Fabrics and Clothes Museum 1,6km, 20 minute walk
• La Biennale gardens - 2,2km, 30 minutes walk
• Jewish Ghetto - 2,3km, 30 minutes walk
• The Excelsior Beach Club, a most exclusive beach resort. This resort, located on the Lido, can be reached in 15 minutes via water taxi or 20 minutes by vaporetto
• Murano island famous center for glass making- 45 minutes by vaporetto
• Torcello island with VII century Cathedral Santa Maria Assunta and its mosaics, as well as the delightful Locanda Cipriani, 1 hour and 20 minute by vaporetto
Things to do
• Venice, not only famous for its great monuments and bewitching atmosphere, but also for its numerous and colourful festivals, celebrations, revelry. In this respect, locals and visitors are spoilt for choice all year long!
• The acclaimed art and architecture Biennale. These take place each year alternatively from May to November.
• The international Film Festival at the Lido di Venezia in September
• The Regata Storica in September
• The Vogalonga paddling races in May
• The sparkling Festa del Redentore in July
• The world-famous Carnival of Venice in February
To receive a complete overview of activities and sightseeing in the area, contact Katharina or Gaia at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will promptly email you an exhaustive document.