The interiors are bright, airy and minimalistic. In the entrance there is an office space which opens onto the garden via large sliding doors, a wonderful feature found throughout the house. The vast open living area revolves around the central sitting area and its original modern open fireplace. Behind this is a long light wood table flanked by a long black counter, the divider from the modern kitchen and its stone work spaces.
The villa’s refined Master bedroom has a working fireplace and a custom built beech wood bed structure behind which is a dressing room and a luxurious en-suite with large basin and frosted glass divisions. Both rooms have glass doors that lead outside. There are two other doubles, one with an extra single bed, perfect for a family with a small child. These both have direct access outside via French doors. The last bedroom, a twin, is ideal for teens or grown up children as it is reached via stairs from the laundry room.
Bordered by centuries’ old olive trees, the villa’s exteriors are set within a lovely garden and manicured lawns. Courtesy of large sliding glass doors, the outdoor terrace functions as an extension of the indoor living space. The covered terrace has a sitting area, large dining table and outdoor kitchen. At the front of the villa is a sunny area with sun beds from where you can see the sea.
A path of lavender takes you to the private pool area. The pool has chlorine free water treatment system and wide steps where you can stay cool while basking in the rays. There is a covered pergola for relaxing in the shade and a beautiful outdoor shower made of stone.
If you would like to take a dip in the sea, the gorgeous sandy beaches of the Maremma Coast, one of Tuscany’s hidden gems, are only a leasurly twenty-minute drive away. Quintessential Tuscany of charming medieval villages, authentic trattorias and exceptional wineries are also within a short drive of the villa.
• Infinity pool with advanced chlorine free water treatment system and wide steps for sunbathing in the water
• Pool area includes covered pergola with sun beds, a changing room, WC and outdoor stone shower
• Beautiful garden with lavender, jasmine, aromatic plants and manicured lawns
• Splendid views over vineyards, olive trees and as far as the sea
• Sunny terrace with lounge chairs for sunbathing
• Beach at an easy 20 minute drive from the villa
• Large open plan living space with a unique central fireplace
• Open kitchen with modern appliances and stone work surfaces
• Office area in entrance opening onto the garden
• Master bedroom with a custom designed beech wood bed structure, a dressing, luxurious en-suite and direct access to the garden via the bathroom and main room
• Two other doubles with dressings, en-suites and direct access outdoors and one with an extra single bed for a child
• Twin room in converted attic, perfect for grown children
• WiFi with full coverage, including the pool area
• Advanced chlorine free water treatment system for the pool
• Rooms and bathrooms have complete sets of towels, hairdryers, bath set with soap and shampoo
• Alarm system
• Video surveillance system
Staff | Service included
• Maid service for 4 hours on Saturday
• Midweek change of sheets and towels
• Garden maintenance: 4 hours, twice a week
• Pool maintenance once a week
Staff | Service on request
• Collection of packages
• Nearest private and commercial airport : Roma Fiumicino 120km - 1 hour and 20 min. Grosseto, 50mn away, has an airfield suitable for private jets.
• 2 chic beach clubs 15 km (20 minutes by car), beach of fine sand
• Tarot Garden by Niki de Saint Phalle 5 km – 10 min drive
• Porto Ercole and Orbetello 30 km – 30 min driving
• Magliano, Scansano and Pitigliano whithin 30 and 40 km – maximum 1 hour
• Siena 130 km – 1 hour and 30 min
• Florence 200 km – 2 hours and 30min
• Pisa 220 km – 2 hours and 20 min
• Rome by train just over 1 hour
• Other amenities: many restaurants, riding, tennis at less than 15 minutes, Saturnia Spa 45 minutes.
Things to do
• Visit the ancient village of (upper) Capalbio, walk on the ancient wall’s path and enjoy the view over the country and sea before having a drink or dinner in one of the old village’s restaurant
• Spend a day on the beach in Capalbio, enjoy the sea and have a walk on the long stretch of pristine beach at sunset before a drink at l’Ultima Spiaggia and dinner at La Dogana
• Drive in the morning to one of the tips of La Feniglia beach, hire bicycles or walk along the pine-trees bush covered path alongside the beach; have a swim and relax on the beach
• Visit Port’Ercole (Monte Argentario) and Orbetello, enjoy the unpretentious villages with some simple shopping, an aperitif and excellent dinner overlooking the sea at sunset at Due Pini restaurant, on the way to Porto Santo Stefano
• Take a drive to the surrounding old villages of Scansano, Magliano, Talamone, Pitigliano, Sovana, Sorana, the Thermal Baths of Saturnia and enjoy the south-most Tuscan landscapes and ancient medieval villages, or visit the ancient Etrurian site of Vulci
• Visit the Giardino dei Tarocchi, (Tarot Garden) a fantasy open art installation from the eccentric late artist Niki de Saint Phalle, on the road from the villa to the sea.
• Charter a boat for the day in Monte Argentario and cruise along the coast of Monte Argentario or cross to the Islands of Giannutri and Giglio
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE