Casa Tremonti is perched on a hilltop 5 minutes by car from the village Castellina in Chianti within a 80-hectare estate, surrounded by olive groves, rolling vines, lavender, rosemary and wildflowers. Views stretch as far as Siena and the towers of San Gimignano.
The villa is made up of three buildings and two swimming pools.
The comprehensive restoration undertaken in 2012 has retained original features such as rustic wooden beams, red brick vaulted ceilings, antique wooden doors and traditional fireplaces. These are complemented by crisp white walls, top modern fixtures, mid-century furniture and an impressive collection of contemporary art.
The luminous ground floor has a large living area with 3 different seating arrangements. Off this is a bright office nook featuring a neon heart sculpture by a prominent British artist. The gentle flow of the rooms takes you to the large, sophisticated dining room with sitting for 14. It connects directly to the high-tech media room and to the well-equipped kitchen with a breakfast table for 8 and French doors which open onto the terrace.
Five of the villa’s seven en-suite bedrooms are found in the main villa, four master suites with king-sized beds and one twin. These all have air-conditioning, comfortable beds draped in cool linens, luxe bath products and other special characteristics like large fireplaces, dressing rooms, sitting areas or breathtaking views over the hills. The main villa also has a gym with the latest Technogym machines.
The adjacent fully air-conditioned guest house offers privacy and accommodation for four additional guests. It has its own pool, open-plan living room with pool table and fussball, kitchen and two double bedrooms, one which can be converted into twin beds.
The outdoor spaces are as inviting as the interiors. The outdoor living area, with Dedon and Kettal lounge furniture, overlooks the large infinity pool and offers sweeping vistas of the rolling hills. Finish your days under the covered loggia over a delicious Tuscan meal prepared by the villa’s chef Mara, using locally sourced ingredients, when available from the estate’s vegetable garden and eggs from its secluded chicken coop.
Leaving the villa, many of Tuscany’s most cherished points of interest, such as Florence, Siena, the Val d'Orcia and picturesque medieval villages with great restaurants are within easy reach. Other daytime activities in the area include hiking, cycling, wine and olive oil tasting and gelato demonstration at a local gelateria.
• The property is made up of three buildings and 2 pools
• The main villa with 4 king bedrooms and 1 twin, all en suite
• The guest house with two doubles (one can be twin), both en suite
• 18-metre heated infinity pool and guest house pool, alarmed for security
• Loggia with large dining table seating 14, pizza oven and large gas bbq, music system, iPod dock and WiFi
• Ping pong by the loggia and bocce ball set
• Two vegetable gardens
• Secluded chicken coop delivering fresh eggs daily
• Hiking trails with maps and markers
• Vast living areas
• Bright office nook
• Large sophisticated dining room
• Well-equipped kitchen with a breakfast table and French doors onto the terrace
• High-tech media room with large angle couches, TV with Sky, Apple TV, BluRay & DVD player
• Gym in main villa with the latest Technogym machines and A/C
• Pool table and foosball in guest house
• Honor bar with the estate’s Chianti Classico wine and local white and sparkling wines
• Fresh-cut flowers from the garden decorate the villa
• WI-Fi throughout
• Wine cellar with price list ideal for wine tasting with a sommelier
• Gym in main building with new Technogym equipment and A/C. -Treadmill -Elliptical -Spinning cycle and Free weights
• TVs in almost every room (5 out of 7 bedrooms). Main TVs have Sky service (English). Apple TV, BluRay & DVD players also.
• Centralized music system in the main house; every room has a control. BOSE speakers by the pool and lawn. iPod docks in media room, three main bedrooms upstairs, guest house living room, and loggia.
• HP multifunction printer/scanner
• Pool table, fussball, ping pong and bocce ball set
• Down pillows and high quality linens (600 thread count)
• Washer/Dryer: Available for guest use along with iron. Separate laundry facility for staff use.
• Safes in most bedrooms
• Mosquito screens on all bedroom windows
• Honor bar with wine from the Tremonti estate and local white wine
• Dedon and Kettal outdoor lounge furniture
Staff | Service included
• An additional person to serve is included in the rates should there be more than 6 guests.
• Maid service 8 hours per day/7 days a week
• Midweek linens and towels change
• A/C included up to 2600kw, any overage billed at cost
Staff | Service on request
• Further meals by villa’s own chef for lunch and dinner
• Grocery shopping service
• Laundry and extra housekeeping
• Pool heating
• Yoga classes at the villa
• Electricity consumption over the included kwh
• Personal Trainer
• Swimming lessons (to be arranged with owner)
• Closest commercial and private (private jets) airport Florence 60km – 1 hour drive
• Siena 30km – 30 minutes drive
• San Gimignano 30km – 40 minutes drive
• Volterra 40km – 1 hour drive
• Florence city center 50 km – 1 hour drive
• Pisa 100km – 1 hour and 30 minutes drive
• Viareggio and Forte dei Marmi 140km – 2 hours drive
• Rome 250km – 3 hours drive
Things to do
• The Chianti area: Famous for its wines-the Chianti Classico-this area of Tuscany has more than just world-class oenological pleasures to offer. The curious visitor will come across many delightful villages, each of them with a history of its own. Let us simply mention lesser known gems such as the romanesque church of Sant'Appiano, the Basilica of Impruneta, the fortified castle of Monteriggioni and the roofless romanesque abbey of San Galgano which are all close. And don’t miss the Saturday market in the small town of Greve.
• Siena: The Sienese have no doubt, their town is the most beautiful in all ofTuscany, if not all of Italy. Siena has remained a Gothic city. Renaissance, one of the major influences in Florence, hardly affected the urban development of Siena. The city unfolds around the main shell-shaped square called "Il Campo." Twice a year the famous horse race known as the "Palio" takes place here. The narrow streets are lined with old shops and small cafes, while churches and museums are real treasures of the fourteenth century.
• San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town in the province of Siena. It is mainly famous for its medieval architecture, especially its towers, which may be seen from several kilometers outside the town. The town also is known for the white wine, Vernaccia di San Gimignano, grown in the area
• Volterra. This town has a fascinating Etruscan past and amazing views over the surrounding countryside. It’s one of the most charming small towns in Tuscany.The area around Volterra is characterised by the ‘balze‘, steep clay hills that create a unique and otherworldly panorama.
• Florence: The city lies on the Arno River and is known for its history and its importance in the Middle Ages and in the Renaissance, especially for its art and architecture. A centre of medieval European trade and finance, the city is often considered the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance; in fact, it has been called the Athens of the Middle Ages. It was long under the de facto rule of the Medici family. From1865 to 1870 the city was also the capital of the Kingdom of Italy. The historic centre ofFlorence continues to attract millions of tourists each year and was declared a WorldHeritage Site by UNESCO in 1982.
• The seashore: the sandy beaches along the coast of Versilia at turn of the century Viareggio and fashionable Forte dei Marmi with their trendy bars, designer shopping and some of the best seafood restaurants in Italy.
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE