Located on top of a hill with a broad view over the Orcia valley (classified UNESCO World Heritage in 2004), Casellana is surrounded by 3 acres of landscaped garden.
The terraces for alfresco dining are paved with stones from the piazza in Arezzo, and offer unbelievable views over the Val d'Orcia. Adjoining is an outdoor oven and barbecue.
There is a heated pool as well as a separate hot tub for 6, again taking advantage of the views.
The vegetable garden produces delicious fresh produce (vegetables, herbs and flowers) which guests are free to pick.
The house sleeps up to 19 in 8 very spacious bedrooms: 2 twins, 5 doubles and a lofted bedroom containing a sofa bed, a twin and a double bed.Fax machine. Wifi in most of house. No radiators, heating is provided by an under floor system. Satellite TV, VCR, DVD, CD player.
• Heated infinity 20 x 4 meters swimming pool with jet stream. Heating provided by solar panels or by a dedicated boiler.
• Hot tub for 6
• Lower terrace with vegetable and flower garden
• Ancient stone paved sheltered dining area for 20, with built in barbecue and large wood-burning brick oven for pizzas or baking meats.
• Second patio stone paved as well for drinks at sunset
• 3 acres automatically watered lawn and orchard
• Solar panels installed for the pool and the hot tun to have it naturally heated at 28/30°C (82/86°F) in summer and 24-26°C (75/79°F) in the mid seasons, depending on the weather.
• Dining room seating 16 to 20, splendid sunset and clay hills views
• Kitchen: accommodates up to twenty in two large tables, great hearth (3 meters large) for grilling, 10 gas burners, two large ovens, microwave, double sized fridge
• High quality Italian C&C linen in all bedrooms
• Wi-FI Internet access all over the house
• Bathrooms have a complete set of soap, shampoo, shower gel and body lotion and a hairdryer
• Air conditioning in each bedroom individually controlled, included in the rent
• Under floor central heating
• Wi-Fi broadband access in most of the house
• Solar Panels to heat the pool, the hot tub and produce hot sanitary water
• Safe in all bedrooms, 1 common safe
• House laundry (heavy duty machinery)
• Guest’s laundry (washing machine and tumble dryer)
• No radiators, heating is provided by an under floor system
• Baby Equipment: complimentary travel cot and high chair available on request
• Satellite TV with DVD Player
• Stereo CD player, Ipod docking station
• Firewood supply for the fireplaces & barbecue is included in the rent
• Automatic outdoor lighting
Staff | Service included
• Standard upkeep of the house and garden is included in the rental - this covers tidying up and basic cleaning of shared areas, bedrooms, and bathrooms, as well as the outdoors.
• Weekly bed and bath linen change for stays longer than one week.
• Final cleaning
Staff | Service on request
• Daily in-depth cleaning services
• Additional bed and bath linen change
• Personal laundry and ironing
• Grocery shopping
• Guided tours
• Any additional concierge service
• Modern style supermarkets and full shopping are about 15 minutes away
• Nearest train station: Chiusi, 25 minutes
• S. Quirico, Pienza, Montepulciano, Sarteano, 15 to 20 minutes
• There are 4 hot spas and beauty farms close by (from 10 to 30 minutes drive maximum) as well as a number of wineries, wine shops and excellent restaurants
• Montalcino 30 minutes
• Siena, Perugia, Assisi 1 hour
• Nearest beach Punta Ala 132 km
• Distance from airports: Rome and Pisa 2 hours, Florence 1.5 hours, Perugia 1 hour
• Rome 2 hours by car, 1.5 by train
• Florence 1.5 hours by car, 1.5 by train
Things to do
• The village of Montalcino, home to the famous Brunello di Montalcino stands hilltop covered almost entirely with vineyards and at its centre signature examples of Medieval architecture: the Palazzo dei Priori and the wonderful Rocca fortress, built circa XIV century.
• Pienza has been declared “Heritage of Mankind” by Unseco and is considered to be the “symbol city” of the Italian Renaissance (as well as famous for its wonderful pecorino cheese).
• Montepulciano known as the pearl of the 16th century and renowned for the production of wines such as Vino Nobile di Montepulciano.
• The closest spa is in Bagni San Filippo.Other spas are in Chianciano Terme, a famous thermal spa town that dates back to Roman times.
• "Fashionistas" will be able to indulge their passion, especially in the famous Prada factory store, located on the road to Florence.
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE