The villa consists of two buildings, the main villa and the annex. Owned by an Italo-American couple, everything in the villa has been carefully chosen. Finely crafted Tuscan antiques and art work were personally sourced from around the region and refurbished including the custom-made hand-carved wood furniture, large mirrors, elegant tables, chairs and wrought iron chandeliers. The buildings retain historic details like wooden beams, terracotta tiles and working fireplaces, including one from the Middle Ages.
The main house has a double living room and five of the seven bedrooms. There is also a custom designed chef kitchen, which opens onto the alfresco terrace with dining area and outdoor kitchen as well as, an additional kitchenette on the upper level to prepare cocktails and afternoon tea.
Among the elegant guest rooms are two lux master bedrooms suites, each one with an en-suite bathroom. The luxurious en-suite bathrooms are fitted in Italian marble and travertine. The annex includes two bedrooms, a living/dining room and a kitchen ideal for cooking classes with adjacent terrace for alfresco dining.
The villa’s charm is carried outdoors into its lovely grounds. Soak up the sun on a lounge chair next to the unique stone pool, do your morning yoga under the covered terrace, have afternoon tea in a vine laden nook, enjoy a glass of Chianti in the evening around the large stone fire pit and dine on the bounty of Tuscany during al fresco meals overlooking the valley.
Surrounding the estate are some of the most renowned wineries in Tuscany. A short drive will take you to enchanting villages like Fonterutoli and Castellina where you can find shops, restaurants, artisan shops and lively piazzas. The top cultural treasures of Tuscany can be enjoyed easily on day trips from the villa. Be sure to return to the villa before nightfall to enjoy the spectacular sunsets which await!
• Fenced property with views over vineyards and olive grows
• Paved terraces with various sitting areas and two alfresco dining areas
• Two fully equipped outdoor kitchens featuring professional-grade gas grills, an Ofyr wood-burning grill, and a stone pizza oven.
• Outdoor Wood Burning Stone Fire Pit
• Ping-pong table and bocce ball set
• Upper terrace ideal for private events
• Powered by solar panel system, 100% renewable energy
• Rainwater collection systems for garden irrigation
• Scenic hiking trails marked with maps for exploration.
• Convenient parking alongside an EV charging station.
• 7 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms
• Beds with Waterlily hypoallergetic mattresses and pillows and Frette linens
• Elegant interiors blending antiques, crystal chandeliers and vintage artwork with classy modern furnishings
• Historic features including working fireplaces and wooden beams
• Custom designed chef’s kitchen equipped with sophisticated appliances
• In the Annex professionally equipped kitchen for cooking classes
• En-suite bathrooms in Italian marble and travertine stone
• Fitness room equipped with a treadmill, bicycle, and exercise gear
• Office space furnished with an iPad and a Canon multifunction printer/scanner
• Honor Bar showcasing our award-winning collection of estate-organic Chianti Classico wines
• The villa is adorned with fresh-cut flowers sourced from the garden
• Sustainable Green Solar Power Home. 100% Renewable Energy
• Beds with Waterlily hypoallergetic mattresses and pillows
• Fine Italian Bed Linens (400 thread count)
• Luxury Plush Bath Towels (700 gr.)
• Fully equipped chef’s kitchen, built–in, with dining area
• Two wood burning fireplaces – one traditional Tuscan fireplace and one in chef’s kitchen
• Wi-Fi, Satellite TV, DVD, Netflix, PS4, Wii and Wireless Sound System
• Screened Windows
• Laundry room
• Well-equipped bathrooms with salon-grade ghd ® hair dryer, and Grown Alchemist toiletries
• Heated towel warmers in every bathroom
• Lavazza® Espresso Machine
• Ofyr® Grill
Staff | Service included
• Welcome package
• Breakfast service (ingredients not included)
• Light, daily tidy cleaning
• Access to local, bilingual concierge for on-site concierge services
• A/C, wifi and heating
Staff | Service on request
• Additional change of linen
• Grocery pre-stocking
• Private in-house professional Chef
• Pool heating
• Private yoga or fitness instructor
• In-house massage services
• Spa & wellness treatments
• Exclusive excursions and tours
• Private event hosting, including weddings and corporate retreats
• Complimentary baby cots (2) and highchairs (2)
• Cooking courses
• Local foodie tours
• Wine tastings
• Private painting classes with a local artist
• Vespa, bicycle, or luxury car delivery directly to residence
• Ticket reservations to theatre shows, sporting events, tours, museums and galleries
• Fashion shopping experiences
• Perfumery and paper marbling workshops
• Horseback riding
• Hot Air Ballooning
• Vespa and Fiat 500 tours
• Airport transfers and chauffeur services
• Ferrari Tours in Chianti
• Bespoke Travel Itineraries
• Closest village Castellina in Chianti 4 km - 5 minutes drive
• Closest commercial and private (private jets) airport Florence 60 km – 1 hour drive
• Siena 30 km – 30 minutes drive
• San Gimignano 35 km - 50 minutes drive
• Volterra 50 km – 1 hour drive
• Florence city center 50 km - 1 hour drive
• Pisa 100 km - 1 hour and 30 minutes drive
• Viareggio and Forte dei Marmi 140 km - 2 hours drive
• Rome 250 km - 3 hours drive
Things to do
• The village of Castellina in Chianti is a lovely hilltop maze of terra-cotta and stone, complete with a long vaulted passageway that tunnels through the medieval town walls.
• The Chianti area: Famous for its wines - the Chianti Classico - this area of Tuscany has more than just world-class oenological pleasures to offer. The curious visitor will come accross many delightful villages, each of them with a history of its own. Let us simply mention lesser known gems such as the romanesque church of Sant'Appiano, the Basilica of Impruneta, the fortified castle of Monteriggioni and the roofless romanesque abbey of San Galgano which are all close. And don’t miss the Saturday market in the small town of Greve.
• Siena: The Sienese have no doubt, their town is the most beautiful in all of Tuscany, if not all of Italy. Siena has remained a Gothic city. Renaissance, one of the major influences in Florence, hardly affected the urban development of Siena. The city unfolds around the main shell-shaped square called "Il Campo." Twice a year the famous horse race known as the "Palio" takes place here. The narrow streets are lined with old shops and small cafes, while churches and museums are real treasures of the fourteenth century.
• San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town in the province of Siena, Tuscany, north-central Italy. It is mainly famous for its medieval architecture, especially its towers, which may be seen from several kilometers outside the town. The town also is known for the white wine, Vernaccia di San Gimignano, grown in the area
• Volterra. This town has a fascinating Etruscan past and amazing views over the surrounding countryside. It’s one of the most charming small towns in Tuscany.The area around Volterra is characterised by the ‘balze‘, steep clay hills that create a unique and otherworldly panorama.
• Florence: The city lies on the Arno River and is known for its history and its importance in the Middle Ages and in the Renaissance, especially for its art and architecture. A centre of medieval European trade and finance, the city is often considered the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance; in fact, it has been called the Athens of the Middle Ages. It was long under the de facto rule of the Medici family. From 1865 to 1870 the city was also the capital of the Kingdom of Italy. The historic centre of Florence continues to attract millions of tourists each year and was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982.
• The seashore: the sandy beaches along the coast of Versilia at turn of the century Viareggio and fashionable Forte dei Marmi with their trendy bars, designer shopping and some of the best seafood restaurants in Italy
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE