Entering il Priorato is like taking a trip to another era. Rough stone walls, massive wooden beams, vast archways and open-hearth fireplaces are matched with custom-built iron and glass walls, enveloping guests with the estate’s exquisite natural setting. This is further enhanced with the use of raw natural textiles, simplistic yet beautifully crafted fixtures and artworks by renowned contemporary artists including Italian Matteo Lucca and Mexican Gustavo Aceves.
Every room is unique. The living room is both airy and cozy with a soaring ceiling, four-meter-high fireplace, sofas, an earth-toned rug and a wall of glass. The suites have been individually designed and feature large stone or brick fireplaces and private balconies or rooftop terraces with sweeping views. The spacious en-suites have luxurious fixtures and either a sumptuous soaking tub or large shower. An advanced cooling/heating system ensures that guests have the perfect temperature at all times.
The large professional kitchen has a brick-vaulted ceiling and opens onto the dining area with a long, solid wood dining table. Head chef for breakfast, lunch and dinner is included. On request, a 2 stars Michelin chefs and service can also come to the villa. These meals go perfectly with the estate’s own wines or the Super Tuscan wines produced in the area. Guests can also sample these over guided tastings in the stone-vaulted wine cellars.
The main terrace is dominated by a phenomenal, extra long infinity pool which offers an expansive panorama over the bucolic countryside and a strip of the glistening waters of the Mediterranean. There are various sitting areas for reading, meditating, yoga or simply absorbing the peaceful atmosphere. The spa, with its Jacuzzi and relaxation area, adds another element of well being.
Leaving the estate, guests can discover a range of cultural and natural treasures in this little-touristed pocket of Tuscany. The medieval villages of Magliano, Talamone and Pereta are all nearby whereas the Parco della Maremma provides an opportunity to discover the natural ecosystem of the area. Guests can also spend a day at the pristine local beaches, take a boat trip out to Giglio Island or tee off at the prestigious Argentario Golf Club. At the end of the day, the haven of Il Priorato awaits your return.
● Astro-turf tennis court
● Pool terrace with covered sunbeds with real mattresses as well as moveable sun loungers.
● Remains of stone buildings, walls, other historic structures and outdoor art add to the ambiance.
● Covered outdoor dining terrace for alfresco meals.
● Private balconies and rooftop terraces attached to various suites.
● Eighty hectares of vineyards, olive groves, forests and grazing fields and a passionate team of award-winning winemakers and expert agronomists dedicated to wine and oil production.
● Manicured lawns protected by stonewalls encircling the villa.
● Orchards and vegetable gardens provide fresh and healthy ingredients.
● Horses, donkeys and hens graze freely in the estate’s fields and the surrounding hills are inhabited by wild boars, roe deer, foxes, porcupines, hawks and owls.
● Spacious living room with a four-meter-high fireplace, comfortable sofas, large art installation and wall of windows looking out onto the valley.
● Fully equipped, stainless steel kitchen with professional equipment and long, solid wood dining table.
● Spa with Jacuzzi and relaxation area.
● Stone vaulted wine cellars for wine tastings and atmospheric dinners.
● Six individually designed suites with king-sized beds, stone or brick fireplaces, private balconies or rooftop terraces.
● Large en-suite bathrooms, bathtub or shower room, luxurious toiletries and scented candles and natural fragrance diffusers.
● One suite has a double room and a twin well-suited for children.
● Excellent quality textiles found in draperies, rugs and bedding.
● Advanced air-circulation system to cool off naturally the temperature, air-conditioning and, for the winer, under-floor heating.
• Astro-turf tennis court
• Table football
• Motocross parcours
• Home Cinema
• Air circulation system to cool off naturally the temperature during summer nights
• Air conditioning
• Under floor heating
• Bose Music System
• High-end toiletries, scented candles and natural fragrance diffusers rigorously made in Italy.
Staff | Service included
• Head chef
• Professionally-trained waiting staff
• The Housekeeper and her team provide daily maid service, seven days per week, in all suites
• Daily guest laundry
• A houseman and garden staff tend to the outdoors
• Arrangements for all meals; breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and any snacks are included
• What is not included are cost of food and wines.
Staff | Service on request
• The spa is serviced à la carte
• Helipad available – helicopter rides à la carte
• Movie Theatre
• Tennis court
• Table tennis
• Furthermore, the villa manager will help you organise your stay according to your wishes. Here are a few ideas:
o At the villa
o Pizza making
o Family wine tastings
o Visits to our winery, olive yards and vineyards
o Eggs, fruits and vegetable picking
o Tennis lessons on the estate’s incredible tennis court
In the surroundings:
o Surfing – kitesurfing
o Horseback riding
o Visits to Giardini dei Tarocchi – Terme di Saturnia – Pitigliano – Giglio Island
o Siena and the Palio
o Boat charter
o Hunting (seasonal)
o Sailing lessons
• Nearest private and commercial airports: Roma Fiumicino 150km - 1 hour and 40 min or Florence 200 km – 2 hours and 40 minutes
• Nearest beach of fine sands 20 minutes by car. Those who want to start kitesurfing or windsurfing could find on this beach one of the most popular school for water sports.
• International golf club, Golf club dell'Argentario, 30 minutes by car
• San Bruzio monastery 5 km – 10 min by car
• Pereta 10 km – 20 min by car
• Talamone 20 km – 30 min by car
• Scansano 20 km – 30 min by car
• Capalbio 30 km – 30 min by car
• Argentario peninsula, Porto Ercole 30 km – 30 min by car
• Saturnia 30 km – 40 min by car
• Maremma natural reserve 30 km – 1 hour by car
• Tarot Garden 40 km – 40 min
• Pitigliano 50 km – 1 hour by car
• Florence 180 km – 2 hours and 30min
• Pise 220 km – 3 hours
• Siena 100 km – 1 hour and 30 min
Things to do
• All around Il Priorato, the feeling of Dolce Vita still resounds in the medieval villages of Magliano, Talamone, Pereta, Capalbio, Pitigliano, looking enchanted with their stonewalled castles and towers perched on hills. True to their peasant roots, every villager knows everyone and peace, laughter, delicious homemade food and great wines are king.
• Monte Argentario on one side and Parco della Maremma on the other constitute a unique microcosm, a natural reserve where to encounter porcupines, foxes, deer, bulls and the typical Maremman cows, white with robust lyre-shaped horns. In the lagoon of Orbetello rare birds, including pink flamingos, nest.
• In the enchanting natural baths of Saturnia, five hundred liters of thermal water flow every second from three thousand years, too special not to take advantage of it.
• On a day boat trip to enjoy the seven Islands of the Tuscan Archipelago, that stand out on the horizon in front of the estate: Elba, Giglio, Giannutri, Capraia, Pianosa, Montecristo and Gorgona.
• Another magical place, both because of the beauty of its ruins and the legends that shroud it in mystery, is San Bruzio Monastery. Built in the eleventh century with travertine quarried from the property, San Bruzio has been connected to Il Priorato mystically with the convent and physically through a stone road, parts of which were preserved and are still visible today on the land of the estate.
• For art enthusiasts: il Giardino dei Tarocchi, a monumental esoteric sculpture park inspired by Tarot cards, created by French artist Niki de Saint Phalle.
• For outdoor sport lovers: the exclusive Argentario Golf Club, the kite and windsurfing heaven of Talamone Bay, hiking, biking or horseback riding on the beaches and in the forests surrounding the property.
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE