The splendid villa is a quintessential example of the refined Renaissance villas that dot the countryside around Florence. Comprised of five buildings, the estate has been recently restored to maintain its historic character all the while providing guests with 21st century comforts.
Guests can gather in the main villa’s large living room, take in a quiet moment in the library and enjoy delicious regional cuisine in the spacious dining room. On the upper levels are five bedrooms all individually decorated and with deluxe bathrooms fitted in precious marble and views onto the park and bucolic countryside. The vista is especially spectacular in the unique bedroom which is located in a converted dove tower and frames the Certosa of Florence and the city’s famous Duomo of Santa Maria del Fiore.
The estate’s further 15 rooms are divided amongst the apartments found in four additional buildings, offering remarkable privacy for guests. Adjoining the main villa is the Fattoria, home to four bedrooms and a large living and dining room with a fabulous stone fireplace. The ambiance is more rustic, yet still with stylish comforts including marble bathrooms. It also has a charming terrace and private access to the villa’s chapel where you can admire a precious fresco by Ridolfo del Ghirlandaio.
Across from the Fattoria, the Bottega offers a spacious two-bedroom apartment, the perfect incarnation of a Tuscan country cottage with its historic terracotta floors, stone fireplaces and wood beams. The largest apartment on the estate is found in the Frantoio building, originally designed for and still used as the place where the estate’s olives are pressed into oil. In addition to its three bedrooms, it has a lovely common room and a wonderful loggia terrace overlooking the gardens. Lastly is the Studio, which, in spite of its misleading name, actually spreads over three floors, has four bedrooms and a sophisticated living room with antiques, gilded mirrors and a fireplace.
The estate’s outdoor spaces are equally inviting and have been designed as a continuity of the villa’s interior. As you settle into a sun lounger, gaze at the crystal water basin or cool down in the pool, you will be enveloped in Tuscany’s sublime nature of flowers, olive trees, vineyards, rolling fields and oak and cypress trees. The peacefulness of the countryside remains with you in the evening over alfresco meals prepared at the the barbecue or the wood-fired oven.
The estate is situated due south of Florence, between Impruneta and Scandicci, amidst the rolling hills of Colle Ramole. Guests can reach Florence in 15 minutes and the first vineyards of Chianti are virtually bordering the estate. The highway southward and to Siena is also nearby, granting guests the ideal gateway to the many fabulous sites in this gorgeous area of Tuscany.
• Ideal for multi generational families or groups traveling together, the estate can accommodate 38 persons among 5 buildings
• Two pools, the larger one located in the rear garden, and one in the Italian garden of the main villa.
• The first pool, 25x5m, can be heated on request. Two small islands with orange trees stand in the center, creating a fascinating ambiance. The second pool at the Villa measures 12x4m
• Surrounded by the famous rolling green hills lined with cypresses and embraced by 12 hectares (30 acres) of vineyards, olive groves, forest and a lake
• Consecrated frescoed Chapel makes La Dimora the perfect setting for intimate weddings
• A special garden – strictly organic – filled with top quality vegetables and herbs that head straight to the kitchen, following the rhythms of the seasons
• The Dimora’s private lake is easily accessible. This corner of unspoiled Nature provides the perfect place to fish, or just to enjoy the colors of the sunset and the restorative silence of a walk
- Villa with 5 bedrooms
- Villa Dependance with 1 bedroom
- Fattoria 3 double bedrooms and 1 single
- Bottega 2 bedrooms
- Frantoio 2 double bedrooms and 1 single
- Frantoio Dependance1 bedroom
- Studio 4 bedrooms
Totaling 20 rooms for a maximum occupancy of 38 guests
• Bright and stylish, the interior has a palette of warm pastel colors, attractive furnishings, molded ceilings and beautiful floors of parquet, bardiglio stone and white marble
• All bedrooms are individually decorated and feature deluxe bathrooms fitted in precious marble and views onto the park and bucolic countryside
• Master bedroom on the top floor with a 360° magnificent view over the whole property and over Florence
• Wellness area with Turkish bath, sauna, jacuzzi and emotional shower
• Wi-Fi throughout
• Turkish bath, Sauna, Jacuzzi and emotional shower
• Safe in each bedroom
• Large cupboards in each bedroom
• Bath Essentials, slippers, bathrobes, hairdryer in each bathroom
• Private parking
• Helicopter landing
• Tesla destination charging
• Daily housekeeping 10am – 2pm
• Concierge service 9am – 7pm
• A welcome glass of local wine on arrival with an historical presentation
• Complimentary estate olive oil gift bottle per room
• Max 1.000 KWH of electricity per week, A/C included
• Daily change of linens and towels
Staff | Service on request
• Outdoor pool heating
• Cooking classes
• Personal trainer
• Yoga instructor
• Horseback riding
• Private tours
• Closest commercial and private (private jets) airport Florence 20km – 20 minutes drive
• Florence city center 6km - 15 minutes drive
• The famous Chianti area at your doorstep, with gentle hills covered in vineyards and olive groves, small hilltop villages, characteristic parishes and countryside homes in stone 13 km - 20 minutes drive
• San Gimignano 40km - 40 minutes drive
• Siena 70km - 1 hour drive
• Pisa 80km - 1 hour drive
• Viareggio 110km - 1 hour and a half drive
• Rome 280km - 3 hours drive
Things to do
• Siena: The Sienese have no doubt, their town is the most beautiful in all of Tuscany, if not all of Italy. Siena has remained a Gothic city. Renaissance, one of the major influences in Florence, hardly affected the urban development of Siena. The city unfolds around the main shell-shaped square called "Il Campo." Twice a year the famous horse race known as the "Palio" takes place here. The narrow streets are lined with old shops and small cafes, while churches and museums are real treasures of the fourteenth century.
• Florence: The city lies on the Arno River and is known for its history and its importance in the Middle Ages and in the Renaissance, especially for its art and architecture. A centre of medieval European trade and finance, the city is often considered the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance; in fact, it has been called the Athens of the Middle Ages. It was long under the de facto rule of the Medici family. From 1865 to 1870 the city was also the capital of the Kingdom of Italy. The historic centre of Florence continues to attract millions of tourists each year and was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982.
• San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town in the province of Siena, Tuscany, north-central Italy. It is mainly famous for its medieval architecture, especially its towers, which may be seen from several kilometers outside the town. The town also is known for the white wine, Vernaccia di San Gimignano, grown in the area.
• The seashore: the sandy beaches along the coast of Versilia at turn of the century Viareggio and fashionable Forte dei Marmi with their trendy bars, designer shopping and some of the best seafood restaurants in Italy
• Restaurants: eating out is a way of getting to know the area. Simple local trattorias rub their shoulders with more sophisticated restaurants specialised in refined cuisine. Fresh local produce allways plays the leading role.
• Local craftsmanship: hand-made terracotta pots from Impruneta, hand painted pottery from Montelupo, mouth-blown crystal glass from the neighbouring village Colle Val d'Elsa, not to mention the south bank of the Arno river in Florence where you will find a multitude of craftsmen working silver, leather, wood, glass, paper and metal.
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE