Ascending the winding driveway, you’ll reach your hidden villa oasis made up of a main house and two small guest houses and bordered by a pomegranate orchard and mesmerizing views of the medieval village of Capalbio, the gentle rolling Tuscan hills and the Mediterranean Sea.
The interior of the main house beckons with a fresh, light decor accented by colorful cushions, wall-hangings and carpets as well as the owner’s personal collection of books, art and antiques. The large, bright living room, has comfortable seating facing a cozy fireplace. This room extends via large glass doors onto a graceful patio that has amazing views of the countryside. Guests can meander through the living room, past the dining area and into the well equipped kitchen which opens onto a vast covered veranda. With its sofas and dining tables, it’s the ideal spot for relaxing or alfresco meals using fresh ingredients from the villa’s organic vegetable garden.
The main villa’s three bedrooms are found off the living room. They have all been individually decorated with varying color schemes, have their own ensuite bathrooms and splendid views of the garden. The other two bedrooms are located in the small guest houses situated accross a patio, which are connected to each other by another covered terrace. These have private entrances and en suite bathrooms.
In addition to the heavenly patios, further outdoor living can be enjoyed next to the blissful 6x12m infinity pool, where you can admire the stable’s two vine-laden towers or the breathtaking undulating fields and olive groves. During your stay, you can tour the famous Niki de Saint Phalle sculpture garden which is located on the family property.
When not relaxing at the villa, in a matter of minutes you can reach the stunning, wild beaches of Maremma. You can choose to set down your towel in a quiet corner or we can arrange access to exclusive beach club “L’Ultima Spiaggia.” Within the close vicinity of the villa, you can explore the exquisite nature of the Parco della Maremma, neighboring medieval villages and Etruscan sites or take in some riding or tennis. Within 30-45 minutes you can reach Porto Ercole or the Saturnia Spa and an hour to two away will take you to regional highlights of Grosseto, Viterbo, Orvieto and Siena whereas Rome is only an hour and twenty minute drive.
• Vast covered veranda. With its sofas and dining tables, it’s the ideal spot for relaxing or alfresco meals using fresh ingredients from the villa’s organic vegetable garden.
• Surrounding the house is a fragrant garden of lavender, pomegranate trees, jasmine and roses
• An organic vegetable garden is just a few steps from the kitchen
• Infinity pool (6x12m) with bathroom and changing area
• The kitchen – the heart of the house - opens onto a large covered veranda, a lovely spot for relaxing or dining outdoors.
• The large, bright living room, has comfortable seating facing a cozy fireplace and two large glass doors opening onto a patio with spectacular views of the surrounding countryside.
• All bedrooms have been individually decorated in light pastel tones, have their own bathrooms and splendid views of the garden.
• Sky TV
• Laundry room with washing machine and dryer
• Breakfast and dinner preparation and set up - ingredients not included
• A parasol with two sunbeds at the chic beach club L'Ultima Spiaggia
• Firewood supply for fireplaces & barbecue
• Garden and pool maintenance
Staff | Service on request
• Food shopping
• Personal laundry
• Extra linen change
• Private aqua-gym/pilates classes
• Riding and Tennis in the area
• Nearest private and commercial airport : Roma Fiumicino 100km - 1 hour and 15 min
• Beach club L'Ultima Spiaggia 7 km - 15 min
• Tarot garden 5 minutes walking - 750 metres
• Porto Ercole 30 km - 30 min
• Saturnia Spa 40 km - 45 min
• Orvieto 90 km - 1,5 hours
• Siena 130 km - 1,5 hours
• Florence 200 km - 2,5 hours
• Rome by train just over 1 hour
Things to do
• Spend a day on the beach in Capalbio, enjoy the sea and have a walk on the long stretch of pristine beach at sunset before a drink at l’Ultima Spiaggia and dinner at La Dogana
• Drive in the morning to one of the tips of La Feniglia beach, hire bicycles or walk along the pine-trees bush covered path alongside the beach; have a swim and relax on the beach
• Visit Port’Ercole (Monte Argentario) and Orbetello, enjoy the unpretentious villages with some simple shopping, an aperitif and excellent dinner overlooking the sea at sunset at Due Pini restaurant, on the way to Porto Santo Stefano
• Take a drive to the surrounding old villages of Scansano, Magliano, Talamone, Pitigliano, Sovana, Sorana, the Thermal Baths of Saturnia and enjoy the south-most Tuscan landscapes and ancient medieval villages, or visit the ancient Etrurian site of Vulci
• Visit the Giardino dei Tarocchi, (Tarot Garden) a fantasy like open art installation from the eccentric late artist Nicki de Saint Phalle, on the road from our home to the sea.
• Charter a boat for the day in Monte and cruise along the coast of Monte Argentario or cross to the Islands of Giannutri and Giglio
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE