The villa was designed by a renowned architect to bring together Puglian architectural traditions with a modern layout and sensibility. The interior’s crisp white walls are accented by furnishings and art objects from India, Africa and Italy. There is excellent flow between the living, dining and kitchen zones of the large, barrel-vaulted central room, divided by a fabulous glass and bronze fireplace.
Beyond this are three bedrooms, one master with en suite and two doubles that share a large elegant bathroom. These are all individually decorated in beautiful Indian fabrics and Italian artwork.
The villa excels at outdoor living with a spacious thatched-roof terrace with built-in seating, sun loungers and hammocks. If you need to cool down, simply slip into the inviting infinity pool. When the sun goes down, there’s no need to head inside, you can prepare your evening meals in the outdoor kitchen and dining area with a barbeque and glass dining table.
The home is an excellent base for discovering the authentic character of Puglia. A short drive away are the picturesque hilltop towns of Ostuni, Ceglie Messapica, Martina Franca and Cisternino. Pristine beaches with crystal waters are reachable in less than 30 minute, as are six Michelin-starred restaurants. These additional assets complement your stay in this sublime and little touristed part of Italy.
If you are planning a vacation with extended family or friends, Villa Bettina is ideally located next door to Villa Caterina and Le Lamie is only a five-minute drive.
- An external covered dining patio with an outdoor kitchen and barbeque
- Two rustic-chic living areas with a thatched roof, built-in sofas, sun loungers and hammocks
- Unique lake-style infinity pool
- Sunny terrace equipped with luxury loungers
- Shaded private parking
- Wi-Fi, flat screen TV with SKY cable channels, interior and exterior sound system
- Dining area with table for eight and stocked with classy tableware
- Well equipped kitchen with high end German appliances and a beautiful glass topped dining table, direct access onto the garden
- Three bright, individually decorated bedrooms, the Master with an en-suite bathroom
- One bathroom has a unique Roman-style stone bath
- Bose stereo and I-pod docking station
- TV with SKY channels
- Mosquitos screen on each window
- Laundry room
- Security cameras
- Bathrooms have bath set with hand soap and shower gel, high quality towels and hairdryer
- Welcome pack which includes fruit, vegetables, estate olive oil, tomato sauce and pasta, cold cuts and cheeses, taralli, white and red Apulian wine and water.
- Pool and garden maintenance
Staff | Service on request
- Baby sitter
- Grocery shopping
• Nearest commercial and private airport Brindisi 50 km - 45 min drive
• Nearest beach club, White Ostuni Beach Club 16 km - 25 min drive
• Cisternino 10 km - 15 min drive
• Ceglie 10 km - 15 min drive
• Martina Franca 10 km - 15 min drive
• Locorotondo 18 km - 20 min drive
• Alberobello 25 km - 30 min drive
• Lecce 90 km - 1 hour and 15 min drive
• Polignano a Mare 50 km - 40 min drive
• Borgo Egnazia 38 km - 40 min drive
Things to do
• Cisternino, which is part of the prestigious club of the most beautiful towns in Italy
• Ceglie, with its 14th-century Piazza Vecchia, tattered Baroque balconies, and lordly medieval castles, the little whitewashed town of Ceglie Messapica is a jewel
• Martina Franca, known for its Baroque architecture and the festival of the Itria Valley
• Alberobello, famous throughout the world for its houses, called trulli, UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Lecce, the Baroque city known as the Florence of the South
• Brindisi, with its convenient location to the East and with the natural harbour of the Adriatic Sea
• Locorotondo, is officially one of the most beautiful villages in Italy
• Polignano a Mare, a charming rocky center overlooking the Adriatic sea
• Castellana Grotte, with world famous karst complex of Castellana Grotte
• Fasano, a city that marks the border between Salento and the Terra di Bari and home to the "forest" the biggest safari zoo of Southern Italy and the Archaeological Park of Egnazia
• Lido Morelli, a long beach with fine sand and clear sea located in naturalistic park called 'Parco delle Dune Costiere'
• Natural Oasis of Torre Guaceto - Torre Guaceto Marine Protected Area and Natural Reserve of the state of international interest with large expanses of open sandy beaches
• The local antique markets are beautiful and characteristic, every second Sunday of the month it takes place in Ostuni, on the third Sunday it is the turn of Martina Franca and you will find others in nearby towns. http://www.nonsoloferrivecchi.it/mercatini/mercatini-della-puglia/
Grottaglie - first Sunday of the month, viale Matteotti
Ostuni - second Sunday of the month, Porta San Demetrio
Martina Franca - third Sunday of the month, via Della Libertà
Monopoli - fourth Sunday of the month, piazza XX Set
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE