The large manicured park with a typical 19th century structure is in marvelous shape thanks to the owner's attentive care. A private gate in the wall which encloses the entire property leads to the charming village of Blevio.
In the early nineteenth century the property was given as a present to Maria Taglioni, one of the most celebrated ballerinas of her time, who also called the prestigious Ca’ d’Oro in Venice her own. It was Taglioni's hideaway when her fame was so extreme that a pair of her ballet slippers were cooked, garnished, and eaten by a group of ardent followers. Her son-in-law, Prince Troubetskoy, also came to live here, banished from Russia after being accused of conspiring against Czar Nicholas I.
A sister villa, Villa dell'Imperatrice, can be found on the estate grounds. The two villas, Villa dell'Imperator and Villa dell'Imperatrice, can be rented together or separately, for a maximum occupancy of 26 guests.
• Exceptional entirely walled 7 acre 19th century park planted with magnolias, cypress trees, camelias, azaleas and laurel
• 1,000ft long private lake shore
• Landscaped terrace and park illuminated at night
• Open-air lunch/dinner pergola illuminated at night
• Path to the swimming pool area illuminated at night
• Exclusive private dock offering direct access to the lake and equipped with a courtesy boat, but also a convenient landing spot for water taxis which will take you the the many restaurants lining the lake
• Landscaped swimming pool, 160 ft wide, with incomparable views across the lake
• Underground parking (10 vehicle capacity) offering direct and sheltered access to the villa
• Wonderful walks in the park
• Independent gate walk exit to the typical village of Blevio with its old church, a charming square and harbour, a public waterfront park, a public vaporetto dock access and a gourmet restaurant
• A sister villa, Villa dell'Imperatrice, can be found on the estate grounds to accommodate up to 26 guests. The two residences are separated by a small historic harbour flanked by ancient terracotta statues
• A 5 minutes ride with the courtesy speed boat of the villa will take you to the iconic luxury Grand Hotel Villa d’Este and a special agreement will allow you to access all its entertainment facilities.
• Generous neoclassical architecture with large doors and windows flooding each room with light
• Stylish mix of precious antiques and comfortable modern furniture
• Various living and reception areas all with large windows, frescoed ceilings and splendid Murano chandeliers
• Sitting room with TV and fireplace opening onto the terrace and the garden
• Music room with 1911 Steinway model B blond wood grand piano facing the lake
• Formal dining room with French windows onto the terrace
• Fully equipped professional kitchen
• Cosy under roof family room decorated with trompe l’oeil wallpaintings and terracotta floors, made up of a kitchen area and a sitting room with windows over the lake
• Built-in furniture in first floor bedrooms for guests’ laptops with WiFi and Ethernet connections to the Villa’s printer
• All floors are linked by an elevator
• Music system in the living room
• Sky Satellite TV (36" screen)
• Air-con in all rooms and heating ensured by local geothermic heat pump throughout the villa, included in the rent.
• High quality Italian luxury linens
• Rooms and bathrooms have complete sets of linen, hairdryers, magnifying mirrors, an Etro's bath set with soap, shampoo, and conditioner.
• Automatic louvers on all windows and safe in each bedroom
• WiFi and Ethernet connections to the Villa’s printer in all bedrooms
• House laundry with washing machine, dryer
• Cots, cradles, high chairs and prams can be provided
• Firewood supply for fireplaces
• 1911 Steinway model B blond wood grand piano in Ground Floor music room
• Underground parking with direct access to the Villa’s four floor elevator
Staff | Service included
• Maid service 7 days a week
• Staff is available to help with taxi, water taxi, restaurants, and golf course bookings
• Bed linens are changed twice a week and bath linens are changed daily
• Use of a 6 meters speed boat, 40 hp, for 7 pax within 4 miles of the property, which allows guests to reach Como in 10 minutes (2 miles), Grand Hotel Villa d’Este in 5 minutes (1 mile), George Clooney’s Villa in 20 minutes (3.3 miles).
• Use of Blevio Village Tennis Court (to be booked by the guests)
• Heating and air-conditioning included
Staff | Service on request
• Extra cleaning or cook hours
• Extra change of bed or bath linen
• Personal laundry
• Personal ironing
• Gasoline for the speed boat
• Transfer from and to the airports
• Closest private airport Venegono - Varese 30 km/45 minutes drive
• Closest commercial and private airport Lugano 40 km/50 minutes drive and Milan Malpensa 60 km / 50 minutes drive
• Como 5 km / 10 minutes drive
• Bellagio 25 km/ 40 minutes drivce
• Menaggio 32 kilometers / 1 hour drive and 25 minutes by ferry
• Lugano 40 km/50 minutes drive
• Milan 50 km/ 1 hour drive
• Varenna 55 km / 1 hour and 15 minutes drive
Things to do
• Steamers, boats and buses serve all the main towns on Lake Como. A ferry around the heart of Lake Como (between the key towns of Bellagio, Varenna, Menaggio and Cadenabbia is a must. The most popular of the stops remains Bellagio.
• Bellagio - known as the pearl of the lake is a beautiful little town in a picture-perfect location on the promontory where Lake Como separates into two branches. The town is historic and charming, with a waterfront promenades, stately hotels and two gardens open to the public: Villa Serbelloni and Villa Melzi. Bellagio's tourist information offices are by the ferry jetty and in Piazza della Chiesa.
• Menaggio is located on the western shore of Lake Como, and has small stretches of shingle beach. From Menaggio you can travel to Lake Lugano or embark on mountain hikes. The town is a useful base for exploring Lake Como; with good bus and ferry connections.
• The fishing village of Varenna has picturesque narrow alleyways and streets below a castle and a lakeside walking path. Varenna is a peaceful resort, smaller than Bellagio and also very beautiful. You can admire views from the Castello de Vezio or simply relax by the lakeside.
• The walled town of Como is a lively and pleasant town with an appealing historical centre and a scenic location at the southern end of the east branch of Lake Como. The impressive cathedral (Duomo), like most in Italy, was built and added to over a period of centuries, so you can admire Gothic and Renaissance features including some fine tapestries and paintings. The town's earlier cathedral (built in the tenth century), San Fedele, is another fine sight, as are the tall nine-hundred-year-old gateway, Porta Vittoria, and the Romanesque church Sant'Abbondio. The town's art gallery (Pinacoteca) is also worth a visit. For a short trip out of town, take the funicular up to the top of the hill above Como, where you can enjoy spectacular views.
• Around Como there are many small shops and boutiques, and in the larger towns you will find a great range of boutiques, designer stores and department stores. Wherever you are you are never far from great shopping.
• Then of course there is Milan. Milan is a short train-ride away for those in search of some city life.
• Como is only a few minutes' drive from the Swiss border and from Lake Lugano. Cross the border into Switzerland and visit FoxTown Factory Stores,a temple of luxury and elegance with 3 km of shop windows, where 160 stores.
• Lake Como boasts some of the very finest Italian cuisine, and is home to a number of world-class restaurants. Check out the back streets and old lakeside towns to find some of the less well known but excellent restaurants. A list of recommended retaurants is available in the property.
• Lake Como boat hire is possibly the finest way to experience the Lake in its full splendour.
• Outdoor Activities - Biking, mountain biking, hiking, boating, paragliding and windsurfing.
• There are numerous hikes and walking trails in and around Lake Como. Around the lake, through the woodlands and up through the hills and mountains offer an enormous variety of hiking possibilities, from easy walks for families to the more difficult for skilled hikers.
• For water sports lovers it is possible to spend entire days sailing or kayaking, windsurfing and motor boating, water skiing and canoeing, wakeboarding and kitesurfing. In Como there is even a hydroplane piloting school.
• Lake Como can also be dicovered by bicycle. Scenic roads, and alternative routes to those followed by the main traffic and some real cycle paths offer the visitor an alternative way of visiting various parts of the lake.
• Lake Como has also several golf courses which can be easily reached by car.
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE