The grand villa sits just beyond the main road which hugs the lake, offering guests easy access to go for a walk along the lake (1 minute) or to swim at the nearby beach in Lenno and yet the property’s verdant park provides guests with complete privacy. Next to the villa is a beautiful manicured garden, with a flat lawn which can be used for entertaining. Beyond a row of century old trees is the tennis court which can also be used to play soccer. Lovely views over the lake and surrounding hills can be admired throughout the property and house.
The luminous interiors offer a contemporary aesthetic; a sleek and stylish 21st century look with designer furniture, mid-century antiques and modern art. The first floor is home to two parallel living areas with various sitting corners. From here there is direct access to a long terrace with further seating.
Nine spacious bedrooms are spread over the second to fourth floors, accessible by glass elevator or stairs. They each have their own personality with unique decoration, color scheme and luxurious en-suite bathrooms (two shared bathrooms). Some have sitting areas and others have private balconies. The pink suite stands out thanks to its adventurous round bed. The last bedroom suite is located in a cottage next to the tennis court.
On the ground floor is the villa’s professional kitchen, where cooking classes can be arranged. Vast windows extend the length of the floor, casting in lovely light into the breakfast room and chic dining room. There is also a spa with a steam room, sauna and well equipped gym. Next to this is the villa’s wonderful indoor heated pool. Sliding glass doors allow for fluid movement from the pool to an outdoor lounge area with sunbeds. Guests can also take in the picturesque setting while dining under the covered pergola or relaxing in the various other outdoor sitting areas.
The villa’s exceptional staff are available 7/7 to ensure all your needs are met. The villa has a wonderful cook, there is daily maid service and a villa manager/concierge, who lives next door and is on duty every day to help you arrange activities from wine tasting to boat rides on the lake.
• Views over Lake Como and surrounding hills
• Lovely beach access at Lenno, 15 minutes walking from the villa
• Tennis court which can be used for soccer (balls and rackets provided)
• Long terrace off the first floor, ideal for drinks
• Covered outdoor dining pergola
• Several other outdoor sitting areas and benches
• Terrace with sunbeds next to pool
• Garage for 6 cars
• Spacious sleek interiors
• 9 bedrooms in the main villa and one bedroom in the annex
• All doubles (one can be a twin)
• Master suite is extra large and can connect to another double
• Several bedrooms have private balconies
• Two large living rooms, plus a sitting room with an office area
• Formal dining and sunny breakfast room
• Spacious professional kitchen suitable for cooking classes
• Indoor heated pool with wall of sliding glass doors
• Spa with steam room, sauna and gym
• Glass elevator serving each floor
• Wi-Fi indoor and outdoor
• Satellite Tv with Netflix in each bedroom
• Stereo and Bluetooth speakers
• Safe in the master suite
• Lift to each floor
• Toiletries, body cream, shampoo, shower gel and soap, hairdryers
• Washing machine and dryer
• Video surveillance
Staff | Service included
• Italian style breakfast 7 days per week, from 7:30am to 10am
• Cook for lunch and dinner
• The fabulous villa concierge lives in a separate house on the estate and she is available from 7.30 am to 1 pm, and from 6pm to 10 pm. She is also available 24/24 for emergencies
• Midweek linen and towels change, more often on request
• A/C and heating
• Pool heating
Staff | Service on request
• Personal laundry
• Transfer to/from the airport
• Baby sitter
• Party planning
• Sports clinic in the vicinity
• Massage and wellness
• Reflexology & aromatherapy
• Yoga & detox
• Mental training
• In villa photography and painting lessons
• Writer's retreat
• Etiquette Classes
• Cooking classes
• Boat tours
• Cultural tours and sightseeings
• Golf in Menaggio
• Closest commercial and private airport Lugano 50 km/1 hour drive
• Closest commercial and private (private jets) airport Milan Malpensa 60 km -1hr drive
• Closest private airport Venegono - Varese 60 km /1 hour drive
• Tremezzo 3 kilometers / 5 minutes drive
• Argegno 8 km / 10 minutes drive
• Menaggio 8 kilometers / 10 minutes drive
• Bellagio 12 kilometers / 40 minutes drive, including ferry
• Varenna 12 km / 40 minutes drive, including ferry
• Cernobbio 20 kilometers / 30 minutes drive
• Como 30 km / 30 minutes drive
• Milan 60 km/ 1 hour and 30 minutes drive
Things to do
For evenings when guests feel like dressing up and enjoying a sophisticated and elegant atmosphere, Switzerland has some exceptional restaurants.
• Villages around Lake Como are quaint and beautiful. Whether by car, on bike or by boat visiting Argegno, Menaggio, Bellagio, Cernobbio and Varenna is a special treat. Here are mentioned only a few but all up and down Lake Como are beautiful villages with quaint caffès, trattorias and simple shops.
• One of pleasures of vacationing on Lake Como are the literally hundreds of hikes and walks. Not far from the villa is Mount Bisbino and for those who are looking for serious exercise, the hike up the mountain is a beautiful way to accomplish an aerobic workout. Other trails, in different parts of the lake, have gorgeous views and are less energetic. Use the morning to hike and enjoy one of the many trattorias or mountain Baitas for lunch
• One has not seen Lake Como if it hasn’t been experienced from the water. There are numerous touring companies that can take large or small groups for tours of the lake which can include a refreshing swim in the lake. A wonderful day is to take the morning to explore the lake by boat. Stop for a long lunch at the Locanda dell’ Isola Comacina and return to the Villa for late afternoon relaxation.
• Lake Como is an active lake used by locals and vacationers alike. There are numerous water-ski and wakeboard companies that take guests water-skiing. For those who enjoy swimming, nothing is quite as refreshing as a swim in the lake on a hot summer day. Guests can take boats up the lake and find beautiful alcoves next to amazing villas or villages for a nice swim in the lake.
• Lake Como and the region is a consumers’ paradise. Milan has been crowned the fashion capital of the world thanks to designers such as Versace, Prada and Armani. Via Monte Napoleone and Via della Spiga with its designer showrooms and boutiques are two of the most elegant, if expensive, shopping streets in Europe. Milan also has sections of town dedicated to antiques, art and house supplies.
Como is also an interesting place to shop because of its local flavour. There are very elegant stores in Como that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Some of the world’s greatest designers are found in Como. Perhaps the nicest discount silk store (Mantero VIII) is found on the outskirts of Como and our guests have used it as a means to buy lovely gifts for friends back home at bargain prices.
Finally, Foxtown, just over the border into Switzerland is a world famous mall that has every imaginable brand name store (Armani, Gucci, Prada, Loro Piana, Yves St. Laurent, Ferragamo, Versace, Missoni, Bally, Bruno Magli, Dolce and Gabbana, Cerrutti……to literally name only a few) at discounted prices. The mall sells last year’s fashions at prices that seem a third of what can be found in Milan.
• Biking is a wonderful way to see Lake Como. Lake Como is a bikers’ region. Serious bikers will enjoy a day’s ride all the way around the lake and back home. Leisurely biking is also a pleasure and a means of visiting the various villages along the lake.
• Golf. Within a short distance from the Villa there are some of the nicest golf courses in Italy and moreover some of the nicest courses in Europe. The Italian Open, which is regularly played by the world’s best golfers, has been hosted by the Circolo di Golf Villa d’Este, Monticello, Le Robinie (designed by Jack Nicklaus), Golf Club Bergamo (Home course of Constantino Rocca), Couturbier Golf Club (designed by Trent Jones) and Castello di Tolcinasco (designed by Arnold Palmer). All these courses are ranked highly by Golf World as among the best golf courses in Europe and easily accessible from the Villa.
• As a nice addition to a day of shopping in Milan is to see Leonardo Da Vinci’s The Last Supper. In the heart of Milan is the rose-colored marble Gothic Duomo. Not far from the Duomo is the world’s most famous opera house—La Scala. Throughout the city are symbols of Milan’s illustrious past including the 16 Corinthian-style columns from early Roman settlements. These are place just outside the 4th century Basilica di San Lorenzo. Also impressive is the Sforza Castle and Museum of Ancient Art. St. Ambrose’s Basilica and Museum are quite interesting: the Bishop Ambrose, who baptized St. Augustine here, founded the Basilica in the 4th century.
• Como is still laid out in a grid fashion reflecting its Roman origins. The Old Town is well preserved with the three towers of the city walls still standing, as well as traces of the walls themselves and several ancient churches. The black and white ancient town hall from the 13th century still stands. Among Como’s notable churches is the 11th century Sant’Abbondio just outside town central. Of particular beauty is the 12th century San Fedele, which has lent its name to the beautiful square where the cathedral stands.
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE