Add this to the flawless service provided by a highly professional staff and you will find what the French poet Baudelaire so beautifully put into words in his poem "Invitation to the Voyage":
Là, tout n'est qu'ordre et beauté,
Luxe, calme et volupté.
(There, all is order and beauty, luxury, peace, and sensual delight).
The estate consists of 4 buildings: the main Villa, a pool house with cinema and gym, the Terrace House with 2 bedrooms and a dining room and the Darsena, which acts as staff accommodation and boat house.
• The garden and surrounding park is famous, known for its clipped box hedges, elegantly tapered cypress trees, wysteria and jasmin ramblers, hydrangeas, peonies and roses. The garden is designed to be lived in, with a large number of terraces, pergolas and lawns where to sit, lie or play.
• Various outdoor dining areas with views of the lake and the garden
• Ping pong table under a loggia
• Heated L-shaped pool 12 x 8 m, with infinity edge overlooking the lake. At both ends of the pool are teak decks with sunbeds and parasols for sunbathing in privacy and with lake views.
• Pool house overlooking the lake: contains a full home cinema with screen and plasma TV, iPod dock, speakers and a Kaleidescape hard drive facility (200 films on choice) as well as a playstation. In the same building a gym fully equipped with TechnoGym equipment and a spa style bathroom serves both the gym and the pool. The pool house also contains a small kitchen to service the gym, cinema and the pool.
• Floodlit, astro-turf tennis court (artificial grass).
• The Terrace House, a two-storied lakeside house situated a short walk from the Villa. Downstairs is a fully equipped kitchen with living/dining room, fireplace and large patio. Upstairs are two bedrooms with two bathrooms.
• Darsena: staff accommodation and boat house.
• All bedrooms in the main villa, have TV with Sky (full HD packages) and access to the Villa's database of Movies and Music, and access to over 300 movies and approximately 700 music CDs, all available through remote control for each bedroom via Kaleidescape. Please note that Sky is not available in the Studio suite
• The studio suite on the second floor has a double bedroom, a living room, office area, ensuite bathroom and connecting single bedroom. This could be ideally used as either a nursery or a bedroom for a nanny.
• Each bedroom is air-conditioned with independent temperature control, telephone, with access to outgoing/incoming calls and intercom facilities
• Formal living room with parquet floor, working marble fireplace and seating for up to 16 guests. French doors lead to several covered and open terraces for outdoor dining and seating.
• Formal dining room accommodating up to 24 guests with parquet floors and working fireplace
• Semi-professional kitchen
• Laundry facilities
• Large selection of board games
• Rivolta Carmignano bedlinen
• Anti-allergic duvets and pillows available on request
• Full home cinema with projection screen (screen width 2.50x1.30) and plasma TV with satellite channels, dolby surround and black-out blinds
• Playstation 3
• DVD players
• Kaleidescape entertainment system
• Media Library (300 movies and 700 music albums)
• WI-FI throughout the villa and the garden
• Music system in every outdoor area
• Under floor heating and cooling
• In-room telephone and intercom service
• Bathrooms have complete sets of high quality extra thick towels, bathrobe, slippers, hairdryer, bath set with Chopard soap, shampoo, shower gel and body lotion
• Jo Malone candles
• A mini bar regularly stocked up with soft drinks
• Board games
• Alarm and safes in each room
• Night time surveillance
• Baby equipment available on request
• Helicopter transfers are available to a private landing site a short distance from the villa
• Private parking available in the lakeshore village Lenno
• Heated 48 square meter swimming pool
• Laundry washer-dryer machine
• Kitchen stocked with basic supplies
• Unlimited bottled water, coffee and tea at no charge
* Wood for fireplaces
Staff | Service included
• Daily maid service
• Twice weekly change of linens
• Daily Italian breakfast
• Full-time access to English speaking concierge to help arrange all activities and reservations.
Staff | Service on request
• Wine tastings in nearby Brunello/Vino Nobile vineyards
• Cheese tastings
• Grocery shopping
• Closest private airport Venegono - Varese 50 km /1 hour drive
• Closest commercial and private airport Lugano 50 km/1 hour drive and Milan Malpensa 75 km / 1 hour drive
• Tremezzo 3 kilometers / 5 minutes drive
• Bellagio 5.5 kilometers to Cadenabbia then 10 minutes by ferry
• Menaggio 8 kilometers / 14 minutes drive
• Cernobbio 20 kilometers / 30 minutes drive
• Como 30 km / 40 minutes drive
• Lugano 35 km / 50 minutes drive
• Milan 75 km/ 1 hour and 20 minutes drive
• Torino 192 kilometers / 2 hours and 30 minutes drive
• Verona 220 kilometers / 2 hours and 30 minutes drive
• Venice 330 km / 3 hours and 30 minutes drive
Things to do
For evenings when guests feel like dressing up and enjoying a sophisticated and elegant atmosphere, Switzerland has some exceptional restaurants.
• The villages around Lake Como are quaint and beautiful. Whether by car, on bike or by boat visiting Argegno, Menaggio, Bellagio, Cernobbio and Varenna is a special treat. Here are mentioned only a few but all up and down Lake Como are beautiful villages with quaint caffès, trattorias and simple shops.
• One of the pleasures of vacationing on Lake Como are the literally hundreds of hikes and walks. Not far from the villa is Mount Bisbino and for those who are looking for serious exercise, the hike up the mountain is a beautiful way to accomplish an aerobic workout. Other trails, in different parts of the lake, have gorgeous views and are less energetic. Use the morning to hike and enjoy one of the many trattorias or mountain Baitas for lunch
• One has not seen Lake Como if it hasn’t been experienced from the water. There are numerous touring companies that can take large or small groups for tours of the lake which can include a refreshing swim in the lake. A wonderful day is to take the morning to explore the lake by boat. Stop for a long lunch at the Locanda dell’ Isola Comacina and return to the Villa by late afternoon.
• Lake Como is an active lake used by locals and vacationers alike. There are numerous water-ski and wakeboard companies that will arrive at the Villa’s docks and take guests waterskiing. For those who enjoy swimming, nothing is quite as refreshing as a swim in the lake on a hot summer day. Guests can take boats up the lake and find beautiful alcoves next to amazing villas or villages for a nice swim in the lake.
• Lake Como and the region is a shopper’s paradise. Milan has been crowned the fashion capital of the world thanks to designers such as Versace, Prada and Armani. Via Monte Napoleone and Via della Spiga with its designer showrooms and boutiques are two of the most elegant, if expensive, shopping streets in Europe. Milan also has sections of town dedicated to antiques, art and house supplies.
Como is also an interesting place to shop because of its local flavor. There are very elegant stores in Como that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Some of the world’s greatest designers are found in Como. Perhaps the nicest discount silk store (Mantero VIII) is found on the outskirts of Como.
Finally, Foxtown, just over the border into Switzerland is a world famous mall that has every imaginable brand name store (Armani, Gucci, Prada, Loro Piano, Yves St. Laurent, Ferragamo, Versace, Missoni, Bally, Bruno Magli, Dolce and Gabbana, Cerrutti……to literally name only a few) at discounted prices. The mall sells last year’s fashions at prices that seem a third of what can be found in Milan.
• Biking is a wonderful way to see Lake Como. Lake Como is a bikers’ region. Lance Armstrong comes to Lake Como every year to train. Serious bikers will enjoy a day’s ride all the way around the lake and back home. Leisurely biking is also a pleasure and a means of visiting the various villages along the lake.
• Golf. Within a short distance from the Villa there are some of the nicest golf courses in Italy and moreover some of the nicest courses in Europe. The Italian Open which is regularly played by the world’s best golfers has been hosted by the Circolo di Golf Villa d’Este, Monticello, Le Robinie (designed by Jack Nicklaus), Golf Club Bergamo (Home course of Constantino Rocca), Couturbier Golf Club (designed by Trent Jones) and Castello di Tolcinasco (designed by Arnold Palmer). All these courses are ranked highly by Golf World as among the best golf courses in Europe and easily accessible from the Villa.
• As a nice addition to a day of shopping in Milan is to see Leonardo Da Vinci’s The Last Supper. In the heart of Milan is the rose-colored marble Gothic Duomo. Not far from the Duomo is the world’s most famous opera house—La Scala. Throughout the city are symbols of Milan’s illustrious past including the 16 Corinthian-style columns from early Roman settlements. These are place just outside the 4th century Basilica di San Lorenzo. Also impressive is the Sforza Castle and Museum of Ancient Art. St. Ambrose’s Basilica and Museum is interesting as the Basilica was founded in the 4th century by the Bishop Ambrose who baptized St. Augustine here.
• Como is still laid out in a grid fashion reflecting its Roman origins. The Old Town is well preserved with the three towers of the city walls still standing, as well as traces of the walls themselves and several ancient churches. The black and white ancient town hall from the 13th century still stands. Among Como’s notable churches is the 11th century Sant’Abbondio just outside town central. Of particular beauty is the 12th century San Fedele which has lent its name to the beautiful square where the cathedral stands.
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE