The interiors have been elegantly decorated with a mix of styles, accents of color, modern art and oriental furniture.
The living room has a working fireplace and french doors onto one of the terraces. Adjacent is a twin bedroom with its own bathroom. A second en suite twin room is also on the ground floor. The kitchen has a clean feel as well as unique window-doors with custom designed wooden blinds that cast in natural light and open onto the dining terrace and the garden.
The two Master bedrooms are located on the first floor. Each has a deluxe en suite with a tub, shower and double basin. They give way onto a private terrace boasting exceptional views. The last bedroom is found on the lower ground floor. It can be a twin or a double which also has two sofa bed's making it well suited for four children or a couple with small children. This floor also has a TV room and laundry facilities.
There is a nice covered and protected outdoor dining area just overlooking the garden. Next to the pool are two sitting areas, a covered lounge with classy rattan seating and another area for relaxing in the shade. These all have stunning views and on a sunny day you can see the island of Giannutri.
Leaving the villa, a leisurely 15 minute stroll will take you to the charming village of Capalbio where you can have a taste of local life at its cafés, restaurants and shops. A quick drive away, you can reach La Dogana, a beach club on a 20 km-long stretch of sandy beaches. Here you’ll find a good restaurant, water-sport facilities and boat trips to nearby islands of Giglio, Giannutri, Elba or even as far as Corsica.
• Sweeping views over the countryside as far as to the sea
• Covered dining terrace overlooking the garden
• Covered sitting area next to the pool and another covered area for sunbeds in the shade
• Swimming pool shallow end 18x6mt treated with salt, gentler on the eyes and skin
• Walking distance from the village of Capalbio
• Vibrant colourful design in all rooms
• Well-equipped kitchen with breakfast table and large door-windows leading onto the terrace
• 5 bedrooms, all en suite: two Masters, two twins, one double/twin
• The two Master suites have private terraces and en-suites with tub, shower, double washbasins and WC
• Family room with TV on the lower ground floor
• Underfloor heating
• I-pod docking station
• Satellite TV
• Mosquito screens
Staff | Service included
• Breakfast service: served between 9am - 11am (cost of groceries not included)
• Linen & towel change once a week (every 7 nights). Pool & beach towels also provided (changed every 7 nights)
• Pool cleaning
• Vineyard visits & wine tasting by arrangement
Staff | Service on request
• Extra housekeeper or babysitter 25€/hours, minimum 2 hours
• Cooking service, either lunch or dinner, 6 days per week: 650 € per week
• Grocery shopping
• Guests are not allowed to us the laundry room. Personal laundry 25€/hour
• Nearest private and commercial airport : Roma Fiumicino 120km - 1 hour and 20 min. Grosseto, 45mn away, has an airfield suitable for private jets.
• 2 chic beach clubs 20 km (20 minutes by car), beach of fine sand
• Tarot Garden 10 km – 15 min
• Porto Ercole and Orbetello 30 km – 30 min driving
• Magliano, Scansano and Pitigliano whithin 30 and 40 km – maximum 1 hour
• Siena 130 km – 1 hour and 30 min
• Florence 200 km – 2 hours and 30min
• Pise 220 km – 2 hours and 20 min
• Rome by train just over 1 hour
• Other amenities: many restaurants, riding, tennis at less than 15 minutes, Saturnia Spa 45 minutes.
Things to do
• Spend a day on the beach, enjoy the sea and have a walk on the long stretch of pristine beach at sunset before a drink at l’Ultima Spiaggia and dinner at La Dogana
• Drive in the morning to one of the tips of La Feniglia beach, hire bicycles or walk along the pine-trees bush covered path alongside the beach; have a swim and relax on the beach
• A new and in the middle of an oasis is the Argentario 18 hole Golf Club (30 mn)
• Visit Port’Ercole (Monte Argentario) and Orbetello, enjoy the unpretentious villages with some simple shopping, an aperitif and excellent dinner overlooking the sea at sunset at Due Pini restaurant, on the way to Porto Santo Stefano. Water-sports and boat rentals can be arranged in Porto Ercole or Porto Santo Stefano. You can either rent a small boat/yacht with a captain and go on day trips along the coast and around the Argentario, exploring the many little bays which can be quite secluded, Giglio and Gianutri islands.
• Take a drive to the surrounding old villages of Scansano, Magliano, Talamone, Pitigliano, Sovana, Sorana, the Thermal Baths of Saturnia and enjoy the south-most Tuscan landscapes and ancient medieval villages, or visit the ancient Etrurian site of Vulci
• Visit the Giardino dei Tarocchi, (Tarot Garden) a fantasy like open art installation from the eccentric late artist Nicki de Saint Phalle, on the road from our home to the sea.
• Charter a boat for the day in Monte Argentario and cruise along the coast of Monte Argentario or cross to the Islands of Giannutri and Giglio
• Day trips to Rome are ideally done by train to avoid traffic and driving, and there are direct trains from Orbetello to Roma.
A neat, comprehensive offer
When you rent any one of our superlative Italian villas, you get the full advantage of our topflight holiday planning expertise.
Tailored to meet most of the demanding traveller’s wishes and expectations, our exclusive holiday planning service offers you four premium benefits.
FIND OUT MORE HERE